chapter eleven

The waffle iron beeped and I took the deliciously steaming waffles off and onto plates, adding a side of scrambled eggs to some of them.

"For you, you, you, you, and you," I said, placing a plate of food in front of each member of the household. I sat down across from Levi, at the other end of the table.

"It's great that you're home," Danny talked as he stabbed his toy dinosaur into his eggs. I grabbed the dinosaur and smiled, throwing it into the living room. He stabbed his eggs with his fork now.

"My girlfriend Gina is coming over tonight to meet everyone, make sure you're home," Levi proudly smiled.

I bit down onto my lip, looking directly across to him, unsure of everyone's reaction, "Caspian is coming over, too."

Levi tilted his head in confusion, and so did everyone else.

"Why?" Joyce asked, looking a bit fearful.

"Just to hang out," I answered.

Some of my cousins rolled their eyes, but Danny just stabbed his scrambled eggs.

"Okay, cool. Just don't bother us, we'll probably be having sex," Levi laughed.

Lilly covered her ears and shut her eyes at the word sex, which made me chuckle.

Danny was still stabbing his eggs.

Later in the day, Gina walked into our house wearing short shorts and a crop top, exposing her bellybutton ring. Her ass was hanging out, too. She had her brown hair in a high ponytail, swinging with every step.

"Hey, Hale," Gina spoke smoothly, smiling wide as she peeked into the kitchen to find Levi cooking dinner.

"Hey sexy," I heard her talk to Levi, a bit of a foregin accent hinting in her voice. No wonder he likes her.

Caspian came booming into the house next, through the kitchen door this time.

"What the fuck, is this a prostitution site now?" He looked Gina up and down a few times, scratching his head in confusion.

Levi looked up from the stove, glaring at him. Gina narrowed her eyebrows, stomping her foot against the tile like a toddler, "I am not a prostitue!"

Caspian chuckled and ignored her, walking right by the two lovebirds.

"Yo," he said to me. He sent a smirk my way, gently slapping my cheek when he came close enough. I moved my head away naturally, my bruises almost cleared.

"Hey, I'll bruise again," I told him with a frown.

His hands dropped to his sides, and I noticed his teeth biting down onto his lower lip. He was hiding a smile, looking right at me. I nudged his side with my elbow, walking past him to sit down in the kitchen. I felt his eyes turn around to follow me the whole way.

"I don't want this boy eating dinner with us," Gina said to me, pointing to Caspian who was now standing next to me in the kitchen.

"Who is he anyway? Your date?" Gina's accent was coming through, but I couldn't pinpoint where exactly her family was from. She was talking faster than I could listen.

"You think he's my fucking date?" Caspian emerged from my side, standing directly in front of Gina, "you think I'm gay?"

His temper was heating up, and Gina just stared back at him with an angry expression, her eyebrows narrowed. Levi's hand was against his head in despair, his whole body leaning against the counter.

"Caspian, shut up. It's okay," I reached out to grab Casp's arm, an attempt to pull him away.

He obliged and moved away from Gina, but they still stared at each other like enemies. I pulled him into the living room, placing him directly in front of me.