f o u r

"Go the fuck away," Louis grumbles into his pillow as he hears the relentless pounding on his bedroom door. He rolls over and glances at his alarm clock. "Liam! I still have ten minutes before my alarm goes off! Go away!"

"I have to show you around the school, mate. Get up!" Comes Liam's voice from behind the door.

Louis sighs and closes his eyes. A wide grin slowly spreads across his face as he remembers the events from last night. His throat is a little raw from screaming, but it was worth it. He wanted to talk to Harry at school, but he didn't know how. Should he just walk up and say hey? Should he let Harry talk to him first?

Louis thinks that his problem is so obviously not a problem, so what was the point of thinking about it? Oh right, because Harry Styles exsists on the same planet as Louis Tomlinson, and there wasn't anything Louis could do to change that.

Louis hears his door swing open, and before Liam could bark any more commands at Louis, Louis was suggesting, "Maybe I could just murder Harry. I mean, yeah, it's illegal, but it would get him off my hands, you know? Like, he'd be out of my life and it would be a lot easier."

"Louis-"

"He's just so beautiful, God. I can't even stand it. He's marvelling, he's ravishing, he's pulchritudinous, he's-"

"Louis. Seriously."

Louis looks up and Liam is looking at him with that look. That look that Louis gets so often when he knows he's gone too far. Only this time Louis honestly didn't know what he had said. Maybe Liam wasn't too big on joking about killing someone.

Liam strides over to Louis' bed and sits down. "Harry tried to kill himself last summer."

Louis rolls his eyes. "Listen, Liam. I want to feel bad, I really do. But, like, honestly I can't feel bad or think that that's a sensitive subject because I totally cannot relate at all, so, like-"

"He tried to hang himself, Louis-"

"-even though I want to feel bad, I really do, but. I don't know. I can't because I can't relate to something like that, y'know? So-"

"-he was caught by his neighbor, it was a mess-"

"I don't think this is an appropraite topic to talk about with me. So, maybe we should just go back to describing Harry. He's statuesque, he's stunning, he's alluring, he's resplendent-"

"God, Louis, you just don't know when to shut up, do you?"

Louis shakes his head and climbs off his bed, heading to his dresser. He throws on the outfit he picked out yesterday and gestures to the door. "Let's head out."

Liam sighs and follows Louis out of the door. "You know, you really are a lot to deal with. Maybe I should ditch you today. Leave you to fend for yourself."

"Not sure that would work. I think your friends have taken a liking to me. Or maybe I could talk to Harry. I mean, we did scream together off of a roof after all."

"Do you really think he's gonna talk to you at school, Louis? He's going to act like you don't exsist, you realize that, right?"

"Way to ruin my day."

When they get downstairs, Louis' mum is rushing the girls out the door. Louis kisses his mother's cheek and walks to Niall's car, where Niall is sprawled across the back seat once again.

 As soon as Liam sits down in the driver's seat, he becomes completely still, staring at a spot on the seat Louis is sat in.

"What's wrong, Liam?" Louis asks, raising his eyebrows in concern.