Chapter One: Confusion and Goodbye

Team Natsu stood in front of the request board, trying to decide on a job.

Everyone in the guild turned their attention to the front of the guild. The doors slowly opened to reveal Mavis Vermillion, the first master of Fairy Tail.

"First master? What are you doing here?" Mirajane asked curiously. Mavis sighed.

"Is Makarov here?" She asked.

"He's in his office." Mirajane explained with a smile. Everyone went back to what they were doing as Mavis walked to master Makarov's office. After a few moments, master Makarov exited his office.

"Lucy, could you come into my office please?" He asked the blonde mage, she nodded.

"I'll be back in a minute." She told her team as she walked away with master Makarov.

~*~*~*~*~

Team Natsu sat at a table, waiting for Lucy so they could go on a job. She had gone into master Makarov's office half an hour ago.

"Ugh, I hope Luce comes out soon." Natsu said impatiently.

"Be patient, flame brain." Gray told him. Natsu glared at him.

"I wonder what master needed to talk to Lucy about." Wendy stated.

"I'm also curious about that." Erza replied, the group sat in silence for a while, well, everyone at the table was quiet except Gray and Natsu, who were fighting. They heard a noise and looked over to see Lucy, she looked like she just saw a ghost. (That wasn't first master.)

"Hey Luce, we picked out a job, let's go." Natsu said as he approached his friend.

"Sorry Natsu, but I, uh, can't go on a job right now, I'm just not in the right mind set right now." The blonde replied as she headed for the door.

"But, Luce." Natsu whined.

"Natsu, she needs time on her own, you would be the same way if you were her." Natsu turned to see master Makarov and Mavis.

"What happened?" Gray asked curiously.

"You will find out when the time is right." Mavis told them, she seemed to be sad for some reason.

"Come on, can't you tell us?" Natsu asked. Master Makarov sighed.

"No Natsu, you will find out soon."

~*~*~*~*~

Team Natsu and the rest of the guild are starting to worry, Lucy hasn't come to the guild in the last few days. No one has gone to check on her since master Makarov wouldn't let anyone, except Mavis.

"I'm going to go check on Lucy." Mavis told Makarov. He nodded and she headed out of the guildhall.

"Why can't we go check on her, master, we're her closest friends." Erza asked, she was currently sitting with the rest of team Natsu, plus Juvia, Levy and Gajeel.

"You will understand why eventually." Master Makarov replied.

After about an hour, Mavis returned. She went to Makarov and whispered something into his ear, no one could hear what she said, except the dragon slayers.

"WHAT?!" The three dragon slayers yelled in shock, surprising the rest of the guild. Mavis turned to them

"Oops, I forgot about your dragon slayer hearing. Well, since you three heard, I might as well tell the rest of the guild." Mavis told the guild. Everyone in the guildhall was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. Which is very unusual for Fairy Tail.

"I will be taking Lucy some wheres to train." Mavis explained, receiving confused expressions from the guild members.

"Why are you going to train her?" Erza asked, confused about why Mavis would want to train Lucy. Mavis sighed.

"I might as well give you a little more information about what's going on with Lucy." She said, the guild members were glad to finally be able to know what was going on with their blonde celestial wizard.

"Are you sure you should tell them?" Makarov asked the first master. She nodded in response.

"Lucy, is not who you all thought she was, or who she thought she was. Her magic is not celestial spirit summoning, she should have grown up learning both light magic, and dark magic. Her true parents were not Layla and Jude Heartfilia, her mother was the embodiment of light, and her father was the embodiment of darkness. I'm going to bring her somewhere to train her true magic." Mavis explained, shocking the guild.

"S-So you mean, Luce isn't who we were told she was?" Natsu asked, Mavis nodded.

"You said her mother was the embodiment of light, and her father was the embodiment of darkness... Who are here parents?" Wendy asked. Holding back tears, she thought of Lucy as an older sister, now she finds out that Lucy isn't who she thought she was. Everyone looked at Mavis, waiting for the answer to Wendy's question. They were surprised to see tears falling from the first master's eyes. She let her tears fall freely.

"I wish I could tell you... But I can't, I'm sorry. You will know when the time is right." Mavis told them all. She wiped her tears and headed for the door. She slowly pushed the door open a little.

"Something big is going to happen in about 2 years, I will reveal everything to you then..." With that Mavis left, she went to Lucy's apartment, so they could leave to train. She really wished she could tell the guild what was going to happen, and the truth about Lucy, but she can't... Not yet.

~*~*~*~*~

Mavis brought Lucy to Tenrou island to train. It seems like the best spot, no ones there, so they don't have to worry about being seen or heard by anyone. They set up a small camp under the shade of some trees. It was dark by the time they finished setting up camp.

"We'll start training tomorrow, get some rest. I'm going to take a small walk around the island." Mavis told Lucy.

"Alright." Lucy replied. Mavis walked away from the camp and into the dark of night. After walking for a while, she reached the edge of the island. She sat by the water, and looking at the moon, she fell into deep thought.

How will the guild react to this? I hope they take it well, but I guess I won't know until we tell them. They'll probably be upset, but I know they will accept it... I wonder if she will be able to stop him, and bring him back, what if she doesn't, what if he is to powerful? No, I shouldn't think that way... I know she will be able to do it.