8

"Okay," Sabina says, forcefully closing Mary Jane's laptop. "What's your deal?"

Mary Jane glares at her. "What's your deal? I didn't even get to save that document. That's my final essay, you know."

"You didn't write a word for shit," the older counters, scoffing as she rolls her eyes. She perches herself on Mary Jane's desk and plays with the end of her ponytail. "So? What's got you so happy and giddy these past few weeks?"

Andy jumps off from her bed and stalks towards them with crossed arms. "Yeah. We barely see you around anymore, MJ, and there's something off about you."

Despite the ambush, Mary Jane can feel her lips twitching into an amused smile as she reaches out and pinches Andy's cheeks. "Aw, look at you when you're trying to be angry, bub. You're so cute."

Sabina slaps her hand. "Don't change the subject, missy." She narrows her eyes. "Is it your boy toy?"

"He's not my—"

"What's his name?" Andy shoots, looking concerned now. "Is this the same person that made your body sore before?"

Mary Jane wants to slam her head against the table. "Yes. And I want him to do it again."

"Shut up, whore," Sabina snaps, pointing a finger at her. "How could you date him and not tell us? I thought you were only hooking up with the guy!"

The ginger raises her hands in exasperation. "I didn't mean to! It just never comes up! All of us are heading towards finals, you know!"

"We literally live together! How hard is it to spare a second and say, 'Hey, Sab, Andy, my bestest friends in the world, I'm dating the guy who rearranged my guts.' Huh?"

Mary Jane scratches her chin. "Is 'bestest' an actual word?"

Sabina snatches a pillow off Andy's bed.

Mary Jane raises her arms, palms open, in defense. "Alright, alright! I'm sorry! Happy now?"

"No," Andy huffs, pouting. She takes a seat on Mary Jane's desk and swings her legs. "Tell us about this guy."

"Name, age, university, major, hometown, height, how many exes, how many dates have you gone to, does he eat his cereal by pouring the milk first or the cereal, and dick size," Sabina says, planting her hands on her hips.

The ginger's jaw drops open. "You—you're so shameless, fucking hell. I'm not telling you his dick size. His name is Adrian. That's all you need to know."

Andy and Sabina both protest, and the ginger fights her smile as she stands and walks towards her closet to look for something to wear.

They went ice skating almost two weeks ago. Adrian didn't know what to do with his feet, and Mary Jane had to help him, and they were holding hands and laughing and—just the memory of it makes Mary Jane's heart grow warm. It was the most fun she'd had on a date (not that she went to a lot), and as much as she doesn't want to admit it, although she's coming to terms with it, she's excited for date number four. Everything after number three weren't dates (according to Adrian), when they met up in the arcade or when they went out for street food. This time, number four, they're meeting in his apartment, and Adrian's cooking.

"You better arrange a meeting with him and us," Sabina tells her threateningly, tapping her perfectly-manicured nails against the table as she shoots her a glare. "I have to decide if this guy is worth it."

"Yeah," Andy agrees enthusiastically.

"The meeting, MJ. I will personally give this guy castration anxiety if I don't meet him in the next week."