Chapter 4

Liam's POV
Once we got to the Animal clinic, with the kids in our arms, I said" Scott, is she okay?" He looked back at me tears staining his face, I said" what?" He said" Peter, he..he literally stuffed the kids with wolfsbane, both yellow and purple." I wanted to collapse right then and there, I said" are they..are they gonna.." Deaton said" hopefully not but we're not sure." I froze, I could loose my kids, we could loose our kids, Scott said" Liam, are you okay?" I couldn't speak, everything is too bad right now. I shook my head, Derek and I put Lily, Jace and Ava next to Sky, on tables, Deaton said" there might be a cure but I'd have to go out of town to get it." Scott said" go, and try, at least, will they wake up?" Deaton said" yes, soon, I think." Then he handed Scott the keys and left.
It's been a few hours, no signs of them waking up. Lily just moved closer to Jace, I said" Lily?" She hummed, in response, I smiled, Scott said" they're gonna be okay." I said" yeah, we hope." We continued to look at our kids, after a few they all slowly woke up, Lily sat up and looked around till her eyes landed on me, she flung herself into my arms, I said" whoa, hey, hey." She cried into my shoulder, Jace jumped up and held onto me, I saw Sky do the same with Scott and Ava do the same with Derek. They all held onto us, I looked at Scott and Derek. I picked them up and carried them around, trying to calm my kids down, I whispered" shh, shh, you're alright, you're both alright." They whimpered in sync, I said" hey, it's okay, I'm gonna protect you, forever." We called the pack and they all came here, once they got here, the kids still didn't let go of us, and Jonah was holding onto Stiles while Sam held onto Parrish. Hayden walked up to me and looked at Lily and Jace, she said" babies?" They just dug their heads into my shoulder more, I saw Kira and Erin( Derek's wife) get the same response. Then I saw Jonah and Sam do the same as every kid, I looked at Scott, he said" let's just take them home, and we'll have a pack meeting in a hour, at my house." We all nodded and left, I went to put the kids in the back seat but they wouldn't let go, I said" hey, hey Lily, Jace, it's okay, you're safe, nothing is going to get you." They only whimper in response, I moved Lily to my hip and slid into the back with them holding onto me.
Once we got home, I went to put the kids on the couch, so they can hopefully fall asleep, they still didn't let go of me, I rocked them, they both slowly fell asleep, their grips loosening, I gently laid them on the couch, sitting a little away from them, Hayden went upstairs, I looked at them, sweat forming on their foreheads, and their heart beats going fast, I watched them, I can't do anything, it's the wolfsbane still in their systems. The hour went by fast and I got up, seeming it wasn't a good idea to leave the kids here, I picked them up and said" Hayden! You coming?" She said" no, go on." I walked out and put the kids in the car and got into the driver seat, the kids were in the back still asleep. I buckled them up the best I could, but they are slumped over leaning against each other, then I see a car coming straight for us, Peter! I unbuckle and crawl into the back, and cover the kids as much as possible, I don't care if I get hurt, I can heal but I don't know if my kids can heal from this with wolfsbane in their systems. Then the car hits us head on, causing everything to push in on us, I hear the kids wake and tighten their grips on me and each other, I roar before everything goes black.
Scott's POV
We are at my house, everyone is here but Liam, Lily and Jace. Hayden texted Mason she wasn't coming, I looked outside and saw nothing still, I look at Mason, he starts to get nervous, then I hear Liam's roar, I look at Derek, I somehow get Sky to let go of me and I take off, following the sound, I get to the sound to see a car taking off and a car destroyed, I scream" Liam?!" I heard him groan, I ran to the car and ripped open the back door, I saw Jace first then Liam in the middle then Lily on the other side. I said" Liam!" He said" yeah?" His voice strained, I said" are they awake?" He shook his head, I said" I'm gonna get Jace out." He nodded, I looked at Jace and grabbed the spot under his armpits and pulled him out, he didn't even make a sound, I put him on the ground and grabbed Liam's arm, pulling him out, he groaned as he hit the ground, I said" sorry." He stayed still breathing heavily, I looked at Lily, she was really stuck in there like Liam was, I grabbed Lily's arms and pulled her half way out, I then grabbed the spot under her armpits and pulled again, I laid her on the ground next to her brother. I sat down next to Liam, he said" are they okay?" I listened to their heartbeats, I said" yeah they're still alive." He nodded, letting his healing process. The kids were hurt, but we don't know how bad, Liam sat up and looked at them, trying to find any pain, but we can't, they're out cold. I said" come on! Let's get you guys to my house." Liam nodded, I grabbed his arm and lifted him up, we picked them up and ran back to my house as quick as possible.
We walked in and saw everyone, looking at us, the kids still passed out. Lydia said" are they okay?" Kira said" please say they're okay." Lydia and Malia nodded, I looked down at Jace, who was in my arms while Lily was in Liam's, Kira said" Scott?" I said" I don't know." We laid the kids on the couch, away from the others. I said" okay, any ideas about what we should do with Peter?" Derek said" kill him?" I said" we can't kill, we don't." He said" okay, we should figure out who he wants revenge on, he's targeting Liam and the pups." I said" Liam's my first beta, maybe he's targeting me?" Derek said" but he went after Lily first, but not Sky, I think he's targeting Liam, meaning you have to protect." I looked at Liam, he was staring at Lily and Jace, I looked at Derek, I said" he's not getting anyone." Derek said" he poisoned our youngest kids, Scott,
He's nearly got Lily killed, he's gonna go after someone else, he nearly killed Liam, Lily and Jace tonight." I said" I know! I just don't know what to do, we...we've never dealt with this kind of stuff before." Stiles said" Scott, buddy, he's not targeting our oldest kids, why? Because the only member in the pack with only young kids is Liam, I think he's doing something to Liam and not us. What did Liam do?" I looked at Liam, I said" Liam, did you provoke Peter, any?" He looked at me and shook his head saying" no." He was telling the truth. Stiles said" Maybe he's trying to recruit, you know, Liam will do anything to protect Lily and Jace, Peter knows that, so he's using Lily and Jace to get Liam to join him." I said" please say you're hoping your wrong?" He said" I really really hope I'm wrong about this." I looked at Liam, he went back to staring at his kids. Mason is beside him, holding his shoulder, I said" we might need extra help..Brett, Sheriff, my mom." Derek and Stiles nodded.