Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Ugh where is 5:00?!

I ask myself as I looked down and checked my watch for what seems like the hundredth time.
I was so anxious to clock out of work so that I could go home and get dressed for ladies night with my girls.

Working here at Aldo was always bittersweet, I loved getting first dibs on all the newest, hottest shoes and bags but then I hated stocking and doing inventory. But hey I was thankful for my job it kept money in my pockets and food on the table. Even though I'm only 20 years old I have a lot of responsibilities, my moms a single mom and full time nurse so I always looking after my two little brothers - Shon who is 12 and Shelton who is 8. Our dad was long gone and we haven't seen or spoken to him in years.

"Sharae, you can go ahead and clock out its pretty slow tonight, Ill be able to handle it from here" said Kim my manager.

"Ok, thanks Kim see you Monday !"
She didn't have to tell me twice, shit its Friday and I loved having weekends off.

As I made my way out of the store I figured I would stop by the food court and grab some Chik Fil A so that way I wouldn't have to worry about eating later.

"Umm can I have a number 5, 8 count with a bottle water please"

I paid for my food and stood over to the side as I waited for my order to be called, when I noticed a fine ass brown skin dude with tattoos covering both of his arms and neck. Damn! I thought to myself that chick that he's with is lucky as hell. She looked younger than me holding what looked to be about 5 bags in each hand, can you say shopping spree!

"Must be nice" I thought to myself. Just then my order was called, I grabbed my food and made my way out of the mall.

"Bitch, where we going tonight it's your turn to pick" I asked my best friend Mya. We always rotated who picked where we go for our girls night along with our other two friends Sasha and Nia.

"I was thinking maybe the new hookah bar downtown, I've heard it's the place to be" said Mya

"Ok cool i just needed to know so I can figure out how fly I should get" I said jokingly cocky.

"I hear you girl, but go ahead and get "fly" and we'll meet there at 9, Ima go ahead and text Sasha and Nia now."

"Cool" I said as I hung up.

That night I decided to wear a pair of denim, ripped jeans that fitted me like a glove. A plain black belly crop top and my new black open toe booties from my job. To top off my look I put my hair up in a messy bun laying my baby hairs down. I grabbed my Prada clutch and shades and ran out the door.

As I pulled out of my new apartment complex I felt damn good about all of my recent accomplishments. Here I was finally in my own place, driving my own whip, with no kids and doing it all on my own. I must admit being Miss INDEPENDENT did get lonely sometimes but when it comes to dudes in hella picky and I've heard that my standards were sky high. Whatever that means.

My phone begin to ring pulling me out of my daydream
"Hello ?!" I answered annoyed after seeing it was Nia calling, which could only mean one thing..She needed a ride.

"Hey Rae, you left already? I wanted to see if you could pick me up since Tony acting funny with his car tonight. I hope he don't think he getting some when I get back either".

I couldn't help but laugh, Nia and her drama.

"Yea Nia Im on my way, make sure your ass be ready when I get there." I said hanging up.

Entering the hookah lounge me and Nia spotted Sasha and Mya in the VIP section close to the back, as we made our way to them all eyes were on us!

Nia wore a pair of white skinny jeans with Jean button up shirt, along with a nude pair of heels with the purse to match.

Sitting down at the table with the other girls I did a quick scan, Mya wore a sexy black dress with some black heels. She was always simple but sexy. And Sasha always being the hooch of the group wore a two piece shorts outfit. I had to admit we were the baddest in the building.

"Can I get you ladies something to drink?" Asked the bar tender

"I'll have a blue Long Island" said Mya

"Let me get a double shot of Hennessy and coke " I said. Hennessy has always been my favorite drink, it keeps me calm and layed back.

Sasha and Nia both went with an red berry Ciroc with pineapple juice.

After a few rounds of drinks, conversations of our latest drama and several rounds of hookah the waiter approached our table with a bottle of champagne and a rose.

"Excuse me, this was sent to you from our Dj " she said handing me the bottle and rose.
"He wanted to know if you and your girls would mind joint him in the dj booth?"

Before I could say anything Sasha answered for the four of us "hell yea we want to join him" she said standing up, grabbing her purse and heading on over.
The rest of us followed. I was hesitate at first, because that's not my style but I didn't want to be the fun police so went along with it.

After having small conversation in between him mixing songs and keeping the lounge jumping I found out that his name was Jason and he was 23, just 3 years older than me. I must say that over all he seems like a really cool guy and he showed me and my girls a good time. He had the club manager come from the back to take shots with us, they even bought us our own hookah each. Can you say well connected?!

As the night came to an end Mya agreed to drop Nia back off at home so that I didn't have to go out of my way, besides Mya stayed only a few blocks away from her.

Jason decided to drive me over to my car being that his new shiny red BMW was parked directly in front of the hookah lounge.

"This is a nice car you have, BMW's are my favorite" I said while checking out the inside which was peanut butter leather.

"Oh really, well maybe one day I'll buy you one" he said back more serious than joking.

"Ok now Mr. Jason don't go making promises that you can't keep." I responded

"Sharae I always keep my promises" he said glancing over at me.

"Ok I'm going to hold you to it"

"You do that". He said as I pointed to my car letting him know which one it was.

"Thanks for everything Jason, I really had a good time"

"No problem, anytime"

As I reached for the door handle he said
"would you like to meet up for lunch tomorrow?"

"Sure, I'll look forward to it."

Then we exchanged numbers, hugged and I jumped in my car and we went our separate ways.

"Hmmm this could be the start of something good", I thought to myself "I'm going to see how it goes, and try going with the flow for once."