Chapter 2

**sorry for any errors**

CHAPTER 2

"Yes Mya"  I answered the phone half asleep. Why the fuck is she calling me at 7:00 in the morning.

"Bitch spill it" she said so nonchalant

"Spill what ? Its early as hell mann "

" what happened with you and that dj when we left?" She asked

"1st off his name is Jason and 2nd nothing happened he dropped me off at my car and we're going to lunch today."

"Umm how boring, anyways let me tell u what happened when I went to drop Nia ass off," 
without giving me a chance to respond she continued  "Girl Tony wouldn't open the door to let her in, so after banging on it for what seems like 10 mins straight he opened it and kicked her ass. Woke up half the complex !"

"Omg! You're fucking lying" I yelled in the phone, "I told her to leave him alone all he does is cheat and beat her ass" I finished.

"Right, I grabbed her after he decided to ease up on her and had to force her in the car, I swear I was gonna leave her, you know I don't like being caught up on that ghetto shit." Said Mya.

I let out a chuckle. Not at Nia but at how bougie Mya could be, I swear at time she felt like she was Gods gift to earth.

" so where did she end up staying" I questioned

" I took her ass to her moms, she definitely wasn't over here. My mom already doesn't like her."

"Well I'm going to call and check up on her now. Bye Mya" I said

"Bye Rae " I hung up and called Nia, only to be sent straight to the voicemail. I never understood why Nia always chose to take the hard road always making things difficult for herself. But hey, who am I to judge??

After getting up and getting my hygienes right I slipped on a pair of white straight legged jeans, with a royal blue casual shirt, a pair of gold metallic pumps with the clutch to match. As I made my way to the bathroom I applied very little make-up and decided to let me hair down with a side part and a few dropped curls.

I still had about two hours or so left before my lunch date with Jason. We had been texting back and forth the entire time as I got dressed, and I must say he seems like a cool dude and I was surprised That we had really good conversation.

I decided to stop by my moms to give her some money and spend a little time with my brothers, I loved them so much and I had practically raised them. I always promised myself that I would do anything I had to make sure they had whatever they like. Since  Sunday's were family day I always brought them gifts if not just giving them money.

On the drive to my moms I figured I'll stop and get gas just to go ahead and fill up my tank so that I would be good for the week approaching.

As I pulled into the gas station I grabbed my debit card out of my clutch so that I could pay at the pump. While pumping my gas I noticed a a brand new black on black  Porsche pull a pump over from me. The loud music coming from inside of the car demanded attention from everyone around. Finally the driver door opened and this fine ass dude got out and made his way into the gas station. Damn he looks familiar I said to myself as I noticed many tattooes on his arms and neck.
"Where have I saw him before?" I asked myself.

Just then the pump made a clicking sound to let me know that my gas tank was full, I quickly closed the door to my gas tank and walked around to the driver door, when I saw the same dude walking back to his car looking at me. I couldn't help but stare back, he nodded his head and broke our stare.

Pulling up to my moms house a white escalade truck that could only belong to one person was parked in the driveway. My big cousin Ace.
    Ace was like my older brother, we grew up together and we've always been close. My mother more so raised him since his mom ; her sister was on drugs and never around, and his dad was a big time lawyer and always escaped reality by keeping hisself buried in his work.

I was always excited too see Ace lately he's been "busy" so he says. I've also been caught up in my own world so we had a lot of catching up to do, but no matter how "busy" we were we always made sure we spent Sunday together at my moms who always threw down in the kitchen.

"Hello everyone" I said walking towards my mom giving her a kiss on the cheek. That's the way we always greeted one another.
After making my rounds to everyone and slipping money into my mother purse -that's the only way she would take it- I headed for the kitchen where I knew I would find Ace stuffing his face like always.

"Mann I'll there in about 30 mins, have shit set up when I get there" Ace said hanging up his phone.

"Why you all dressed up and shit?" He asked
As he turned his attention to me.

"I have a lunch date hater" I replied.

"Date with who? Don't get nobody hurt." He said walking out of the kitchen not even giving me a chance to reply.

One thing about Ace he was never interested in my love life, unless there was problems. That's when my problems became his, Ace was always over protective of me, my mom and younger brothers. I was off limits to all of his homeboys and he was off limits to my friends.

After about 20 more mins of catching up with the fam I made my way to Benihana's where I was finally meeting Jason.

I won't lie I was kind of nervous as I made my way into the restaurant. As soon as I stepped in I noticed I was the only person there besides the waiter that approached me.

"Hello Ms Sharae, we've been expecting you" she said handing me a bouquet of roses.

Smooth move  I thought. He actually shut down the restaurant so that we can have a private date.

Making my way inside I locked eyes with Jason, he stood up from the table and pulled my chair out  for me to sit.

"Thank you, I really wasn't expecting all of this" I said as I looked around and seeing that the lights were dim, and soft music played in the background.

"Well that's good, you never know what all you're going to get with me." Jason replied with a smirk.

Just then our cook approached the big stove in front of us and stared preparing our food, and boy did he put on a show. After plating our food and pouring us a glass of champagne he left us to enjoy the rest of our evening.

"Tell me a little more about you, because this seems to good be true" Jason asked me "I know you live alone, don't have any kids and you work. But why is it you're single?" He asked with a confused look in his face, which I found to be very funny.

"I'm single because I haven't found anyone worth changing that status" I replied with a grin.

"Oh so that's it" he laughed "well maybe that status will change soon"

With a fake shocked look on my face I held up my glass and said " let's toast to a possible new beginning". After clinking our glasses together  we continued our conversation, as we ate.

We stared lots of laughs, I found out that he has a 5 year old daughter named Jayla, but him and his daughter's mom isn't together and hasn't been for sometime, but they do co-parent. I mentioned to him my passion about becoming a nurse and possibly starting school for it sometime in the future.
The date was over all amazing, I couldn't remember the last time I laughed so much, and just let my guard down and get to know someone. Hopefully this feeling will last.