Chapter 3

Dinner time with the cousins was an absolute nightmare. Sam and Linda, ages 21 and 17 had earbuds in and were nodding along to the tune of the music. Jack was making sculptures with his mashed potatoes, which were unusually hard. Zelda, the middle child was silent. She never talked, or at least not to me. Aunt Lynda and Uncle Steve intently stared at me. Their eyes bored into my skull like they were searching for something. After 10 minutes of all that, I excused myself from the table and decided to take a walk in the empty woods behind the house. Back in the room, I pulled on a worn gray hoodie with lint balls stuck all over it. After that, I stepped out of my tight leggings, considering my legs. I really need exercise, I thought. A walk in the woods might be good for me.I put on black sweats that barely fit anymore, grabbed my sleek black iphone, and went out into the night through the window. Now you might be wondering why I would choose a window over a door. For obvious reasons: My aunt and uncle would never let me go into dark woods alone in the middle of the night. And, ever since I was a little girl, I made a pathway into the woods straight from my window. Anyway, when I made my way out the window, I found myself into the entrance of the wood. When I breathed in the scent of pine mixed with night mist, I began to realize just how eerie this place was. I stuck my hands in my pockets and breathed out a sigh. It's been so long since I've had a chance to be alone. I tilted me head up and I saw the moonlight streaming in wherever it could, passing through the tall trees and giant branches swaying in the wind. I kept walking without any idea of where I was heading or any sense of what I was doing here. Hours of wandering must have passed before I noticed how tired I really was. Keeping my eyes open was a struggle and my shoulders slouched while I walked whilst tripping over falling trees and stumps. I finally collapsed on the ground, closing my eyes for a minute. That minute turned into hours, and then I fell asleep.
***
I woke up and came to my senses. The morning dew had landed on my face, and I wiped it off. What was I doing here? Why didn't I go back? I grunted and flipped to my other side. "AHHHHH!! Oh my lord someone!!! ANYONE!!" Lying on the ground right on front of me was a man. Probably in his sixties or early seventies. His torn and ragged clothes were coated in mud and pine needles and his feet were bare. No shoes covered his long yellow tonails. His face was tilted at a strange angle and he stared, unblinking at me. His head was propped up on his hand and he was leaning towards me. His grin stretched across his narrow face showing his chipped and yellowing teeth. "Run," he rasped, managing to get a few words out of his dying body. "Go back home..." Then his old body transformed into a deer carcass, which then faded away in shimmering dust. I backed away, scared about what happened, and what will happen.

AN: hey guys! It's Reagan! Hope you liked it and comment if you have any tips, likes, etc. have a great day!

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 04, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Find Me In The Woodsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें