Chapter 5

There was a murmuring and I poked my head outside the makeshift tent.

"That was nothin'." I heard Daryl drawl as he tugged the knife firmly out of the tree from the night before. "(Y/n) couldn't sleep. She was trying to throw knives." He smirked. "I just showed her how to really do it."

Rick nodded and began assigning jobs. Afterwards him and Daryl spoke a few words. Rick nodded and Daryl walked away.

"Daryl!" I called, running up to him. "Hey, why'd you...?"

He looked at me. "There's no use in a getting a shit load of pity. I told Rick the truth, of course, but I ain't tell nobody else." With that he shouldered his bow and struck off.

Oh... Kay... then...

\~~~~~~~ ~~~~~/

The fire crackled and everyone's faces were cast into deep shadow as we ate... something. Something Glen had caught. Daryl swore it was a muskrat, but I don't think even he knows what it is.

The owls sent up a chorus of hoots around us and we were all silent.

Suddenly the trampling off undergrowth alerted us.
Andrea stoop up. "Probably a walker. Be right back. Don't eat my food."

We waited, eating in silence, until suddenly a scream split the air and the owls shot off. We all jumped to our feet.

As if melting out of the shadows, twelve men, carrying weapons, surrounded the fire. "Hello." One growled.

Michone slowly reached for her sword. "Tut, tut. You touch the sword, or any weapon, and I guarentee your friend here won't be alive much longer."

Rick, Daryl, and Michone all tensed. "Now," Dale began, "We can work this out without anyone getting hurt." Andrea gazed at him pleadingly.

Uh... no. We can't. I thought, seeing the malice reflecting in the leaders eyes.

"We want all your food and your guns. Then we want... Naw, that's all." He flicked out a knife and all the men around readied their guns. "You make it difficult for us and I promise you we will make it hell."

Andrea whimpered as the man who had her tightened his grip.

"Now, hand it over."

"We have children!!" Carol cried. "And a baby!" As if to prove her point, Judith began to cry.

"Well, of we kill them, and all of you, then we wont have that problem."

Dale looked horrified and Carol looked enraged.

"You filthy scum!" She spat.

The man chuckled and spat on the ground. "Little Missie's got guts." He stepped toward Carol and Daryl tensed.

"Leave her alone! And Andrea!" I shouted. "We'll give you the food."

Rick glared at me. "C'Mon guys." I headed into the tent.

Rick growled at me as soon as he got in. "What was that?!"

"We pretend to give them a sack, they let Andrea go, and we scatter. we'll regroup..."

"At the old gas station." Carol supplied.

"Yeah!"

Rick nodded. "Fine. Good plan."

Daryl shoved a couple rocks and a few blankets in a bag. "This'll do it."

We crept out and I walked up to them with the bag. Rick commanded a halt. "You give us Andrea and you get this. All the food we have."

He roughly let Andrea go and I handed him the bag. 3... He felt its weight and grinned. 2...
He peered inside. 1.

"SCATTER!" I shreiked, taking off into the woods as guns blared. I ran blindly on, just glas my plan saved us all.

Maybe.