Maybe A Kiss Will Suffice?

I didn't stay long enough to watch the rather cute nerdy looking man leave. Hell, it didn't even pass my mind that I didn't know his name. However he had a very trusting aura that engulfed everything around him.

I subconsciously smiled. Maybe he wouldn't be like the ones who chase me. A giggle escaped my lips.
He was cute. Very cute.
I was startled when my alarm went off. A glowing orb started to hit me and forced me off my twin bed. The orb annoyingly floated in front of my face, and was telling me that dawn was drawing near. "Shit..." I muttered.
I was late for practice.

Shooting out of the soft mossy rock, I hurriedly got ready. It was already around eight and practice started in ten minutes.

°*° ¬.¬
"You're late." My teacher lightly scolded me. "Sorry sir. I have no excuse." Teacher hated when people gave him excuses. So I saved him the trouble every time I was late.
"Just try not to be late next time okay?" A troubled sigh escaped his very attractive lips.
"Well. I'll try not to. No promises." His chest muscles tighten when he laughed. It was a rather melodious sound that had all the ladies crave for more. Males- all males- had the breathtaking voice of a siren. How else would we even glance on thier direction? Looks were difinatly not enough and it didn't matter who's son he was. It all depended on thier voice, fertility, and if they loved children.
In my teacher's case, he had all three and he was not mated yet. His handsome looks were only a plus.

An ideal mate indeed. But I wasn't the least bit attracted to him. He was too old. Well for me anyway.
"So Mr. Esme what will we be learning today?"
"Seriously? I thought we skipped formalities already." He pouted cutely.
"Well considering I almost got my ass handed to me last time because bitches thought we were a thing, I'd rather not go through that shit again. So you can call me by my name but I'll keep up with formalities." I then stuck my tongue out at him.
"Ok... sugar lips. How's that?"
Mr. Esme breathed at me.

"You want me dead. Don't you Mr. Esme?" I replied jokingly.
"Mmmmm... Well I would like you as a mate. However you are pretty young. That's the only downside to mating with you. And you're kinda on the way below average side with experience."
"You bet your firm ass I am! Now what the hell are we learning today?"
He then laughed and swiftly opened a book.
"The art of seduction. As you know mermaids, especially of the male sex, need to know this like it's second nature. For females it's for hunting and in special cases, mating purposes. For males it is for mating purposes only. As you already know females- the pure breeds at least are becoming rare to find. " he then took a deep breath. "Any questions so far?"
"No."
"Great. So because of this, and because of the drastic decline in our race pure breds must mate with other pure breds. " he continued.
"Question." I interrupted him.

"Yes?"
"Are they allowed to mate with another species?" I curiously asked.

"What do you think sugar lips?"
Esme rhetorically said.

A mischievous smirk cracked through my calm demeanor.