Three

After pulling on my black, spaghetti-strapped dress I did a swift 360 in the mirror. I smiled. This is definitely it. I reached for my bun, tucking in any loose strands. I just want everything to look spotless for tonight.

Yes, it turns out Jay is actually taking me out to eat tonight. As a matter of fact, I'm really excited. I finally get to see something other than that regularly crammed bar. As you can probably tell, I don't get out as much. Compton wasn't my home so I wouldn't really know where to go if it were up to me.

Anyways, Jay just called saying he was downstairs and said to find him in a 6-4 that was parked in front of my building. I grabbed my purse and was on my way.

As soon as I touched foot on to the pavement, his window rolled down with him cheesing at me. Approaching his car, I laughed.

"Hey." I said, strapping myself in.

I was immediately overwhelmed by the new-car smell. He must've bought this a few days ago.

"That's all I get? A hey?" He said to me as he pulled away from the curb.

"I'm sorry. Hey, Jay." I corrected myself.

He shook his head, "Nah. How about hey, daddy?"

I busted into laugher even though he was as serious as can be. "How about no?"

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled, eyes still glued to the road. "You gon be calling my that someday too."

I playfully shook my head at him and looked out the window. Already I wasn't familiar with this scene and we've only been driving for ten minuets.

"Where we going? I mean, I know we're going out to eat but where?"

"Shhh, just relax and enjoy the ride, girlie." He said with his right hand on the wheel with his other resting out the window.

I nodded my head and continued to look at the passing skyscrapers.

"Cruising down the street in my 6-4." I heard him say to himself while bobbing his head as if music was playing.

Eventually we got to that restaurant deep in Compton.

As soon as he parked the car, he quickly hopped out and came over to my side, opening my door.

I blushed, "Thanks, Jay." I stood up, pulling down my dress that had rode up in the car.

I felt his eyes somewhere they shouldn't be.

Hoping he'd soon stop, I didn't say anything to him and instead we continued inside.

I was impressed. This had to be a 5 star luncheonette. Well, at least a 4 star one. Either way, I was impressed.

It seemed as if we had a reserved table considering the fact that we just strolled in and took our seat in a one-sided booth.

"This is...really sweet of you, Jay." I praised him, lifting my menu.

He nodded, "This is usually how I reel females in."

I shot him a straight face which eventually softened into a slight laugh. "How cute?" I stuck my tongue out at him, continuing to skim over my menu.

He placed his hand on my thigh, giving it a soft, blissful caress. "I'm just joking with you, baby. I rarely do this."

Oh God, I hope he can't feel these goosebumps.

I smiled, masking my nervousness. "Really?"

He gently bit his bottom lip, "No doubt, baby girl."

I think my heart just skipped a beat.

We ordered, our food came and we ate. The food was delicious by the way. Anyways, after we were finished, we conversed a bit then left. The bill actually came up to 200 and surprisingly, Jay covered all of it. Believe me, I insisted on paying some but he told me no every time.

We got in his car as he slipped the key in the ignition, looking at me. "You ready to go home, girlie? How'd you enjoy your night?"

A lot, actually. To the point where I wasn't ready to say goodbye just yet.

"It was amazing." I smiled, watching him focus on the road. "Would you mind coming back to my apartment? I-I mean, that's if you want to. I'm not really ready for the night to end yet..." I apprehensively confessed.

He grinned, "I'd love to, Zo. Anything in specific you wanna do?"

"Uh, we can watch movies."

He laughed at my cluelessness. I guess I didn't quite catch something.

"Yeah, sure. Movies. I'm down." He said, still smirking.

Oh.... I get it. He's talking about the thing. Truthfully, that didn't even cross my mind.

In under 10 minuets we were back at my place.

I took my keys from my purse, unlocking the door. "Get on in." I said as he began walking inside.

I shut and locked the door after myself, watching him plop onto the couch.

"Fancy place you have here, baby." He scanned the room in awe.

"Thanks. It's really nothing.." I set my bag down.

He patted his lap, signaling me to come over and sit. "Come here, girl. Get close to me for once." He said, giving me that look.