Chapter 21

Rhydian's POV

Cool water droplets fell on my face stirring me from my sleep.

Mads:"Rhydian wake up. We can't be late." I woke groggily.

Me:"huh? What time is it?"

Mads:"it's half 5 in the morning. We have to be at school for quarter past 6. Now hurry up. I'm going down to get breakfast. Everything's packed just have a quick shower."

Maddy kissed my head before running out the room. I yawned loudly rubbed sleep out of my eyes then slumped into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth had a quick shower and wrapped my towel around my waist. I walked out of the bathroom and into the walk in closet. I pulled on a new pair of boxers and then my new jeans. I slipped on a white t-shirt and put a checkered shirt on top leaving the buttons open. Looking in the mirror I ran my fingers through my hair before checking for last minute things to pack. I checked my phone which read 5:45. I made the bed and just as I was done Maddy walked in with a plate of bacon sandwiches. My mouth watered as I picked one up and took a bite. Maddy dried her hair and I finished eating. I pulled on a pair of trainers we had a quick glance around the room then I picked up the large suitcase and the trolley before me and mads headed downstairs.

Mia and Brian were waiting for us downstairs. Everyone hugged us a quick goodbye whilst Brian put the luggage on the car. Then we set of for school. Me and Maddy sat in the back with jack and Nicko. Maddy was resting her head on my shoulder and jack and Nicko were practically asleep.

Mads:"can you tell me now where were going."

Me:"no it's a surprise. You'll find out soon enough." She pouts before placing her head back on my shoulder.

Brian pulls into the school parking lot. Our whole class are gathered around the playground sitting on their suitcases looking sleepy. We got out the car and mr Jeffries began to talk to Brian and Mia as me and Maddy walked over to our friends.

Mads:"guys there's no point asking him he won't tell. He's sticking to the surprise." I laugh at them all as they pull faces.

We hang around for 15 minutes before a minibus arrives. Me and Maddy leave our luggage in the car as everyone else piles it in at the bottom of the van. Once were all settled in, the drive to the airport begins but no one else knows that besides me, Mr. Jeffries, Mia and Brian. The bus is buzzing with excitement and it only builds when everyone sees the airport.

We get inside to see it's fully packed. Everyone begins to groan about the waiting but when they get led through a side door and into a private lounge they become intrigued. Mia and Brian go off to get ready and one of the flight managers that I've met a couple of times walks up to me. He's a middle aged man named Clark. He's very polite and I liked him from our first meeting.

Clark:"Rhydian how are you my boy. Long time no see." He says giving me a hug. "And whose this lovely lady. I introduce him to Maddy before introducing him to the rest of my friends. "Should be a good flight. Mia and Brian are flying no doubt?"

Me:"yup. How have you been Clark? No wife and kids yet?"

Clark:"you know me. I love the bachelor life to much." He chuckles deeply. "Anyway I needed to tell you the planes ready to board now so if you lead your class mates through. I know you know the way."

He smiles kindly before giving me one last hug and walking off. I gather the class and lead them towards the plane. When they enter everyone is gobsmackesd. It's a 40 seater plane. Plush leather white seats. Better than business class. I give a quick tour showing the bedroom the bathroom and the little office Rome likes to keep. Everyone settles into a seat. The seats are not in rows. There are two seats together and two sets face each other. Theres a bar and individual TV's come out of the roof. There's plenty of leg room and the seats change into recliner if you wish. The interior is very spacious. Everyone seems awed Mr.  Jeffries goes to sit with Mia and Brian in the cockpit. Once everyone has found their seats Mia's voice rings out through intercom.