Chapter Ten

"Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn't mean they're bad, it simply means they're human." ~Unknown

Brianna Garcia

I took a deep breath as I stood up from the uncomfortable old armchair and made my way to the front door. The doorknob was cold and placed the cold all over my grip as I opened the old wooden door. I heard the wind singing me a lullaby as I felt the fallen leaves underneath my bare feet. My heart made a slow beat by every step I made and the soft light of the early morning sun surrounded me as my mother's embrace. My tongue gently slid over my lips as I made my last step at the edge of the hill. The fresh air crawled into my laughs by every breath I took and the sunset flattered my watery eyes.

I placed my right hand on my left arm, gently giving it a grip as I grabbed the cold underneath it and closed my eyes. The wind gently pulled my white nightdress aside as it carefully swung my chestnut hair in the motion of its movements. A small smile appeared on my face as I slowly opened my dark eyes to the view of the sunset and the feeling of a strong yet gentle grip around my waist.

"Why are you awake so early?" I gently whispered as my eyes didn't leave the sun.

"I saw a goddess through the window, I thought that I might go and greet her." A small chuckle left my mouth as I shook my head and placed a lock of hair behind my ear.

"It's beautiful." I mumbled underneath my breath as I admired the view of the gorgeous sunset.

"That goddess?" He asked. "She is," I had to control my laughter as he whispered into my ear, almost biting it off.

"I meant the sunset, you idiot." I said as I laughed silently and leaned my head back on his shoulder.

"Oh yeah. That too." I sighed as I rolled my eyes and quickly closed them afterwards. "I wish I could have this feeling everyday."

I felt his lips gently pecking a soft kiss against the side of my head before hearing his calming voice gently whisper into my ear. "Which feeling?"

"That I'm.. safe. Like I have no worries, like the only thing I have to do is just stare at that beautiful sunset and forget about anything and anyone around me. Just be in my little world without any problems." I let out a soft sigh and shook my head as tears rolled down my soft cheeks.

"As long as you're with me you can have that feeling, you know right?"

"No, Dean. I can't. I can't have this feeling as longs as I'm with you and-"

"And why not, Brianna? Why can't you have this feeling as long as you're with me?"

I took a deep breath and blinked my eyes a couple of times to keep my eyes silent. "Because," I shook my head and wiped away my tears. "you only cause problems, Dean."

He sighed and slightly chuckled before releasing his grip on me and shaking his head. "Problems you say. Alright."

"No, Dean, wait. I didn't meant it like that I meant that—"

"You know what? Leave it, it doesn't matter." I felt guilt and disappointment as he walked away but something made me grab his hand and stare into his beautiful icy blue eyes. "I won't."

"And why no, Brie? What is holding you back?"

"I-I don't know I just." Have feelings for you.

"You just what, Brianna?! You can't admit that even though this is hard this is the best times you've had in your life? This is the only time you felt loved? That this god damn situation might have cause problems but you still don't want to let go?"