Part 7: Heart-eyes

~~~

In the early-afternoon sun, Cegan and Izumi shared everything that had happened in the past twelve hours with each other. Izumi relaxed in a lounge chair, wearing sunglasses and cooling herself off with an expensive-looking fan while Cegan swung lazily on the ship's swing, eating potato chips.

"Oh my god, you actually told him that?" Cegan stated in disbelief as Izumi waved the hand-embroidered fan that she had most likely stolen. Cegan held a small novel in one hand while Izumi tanned her back, propping herself up on one elbow.

"Yeah, I ain't talking shit." Izumi smirked behind her fan. "Sanji was totally blushing! But then he went all love-crazy."

"Aw, I hate it when he does that." Cegan commented.

"Yeah, but I really like Sanji when he's chilled out."

"So you like him?" Cegan grinned devilishly as the purplette rolled her eyes.

"You know I don't have crushes," Izumi cooly replied, checking her nails. "I can get any man I want,"

"Yeah, right." Cegan rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, right." Izumi corrected Cegan's tone.

"No." Cegan bluntly stated.

"Shut up. We're talking about Sanji, not you." Izumi snapped.

"Oh, right."

"So what do you think of him?" Izumi implored.

"I noticed that Sanji's actually pretty smart, but him being obsessed with every woman he meets really clouds my judgemental capabilities." Cegan noted.

"Hey, at least we can get him to do stuff we want." Izumi replied.

"But he doesn't go all love-mode around me as much as he does around you or Nami," Cegan complained, crunching on another chip.

"You should be more polite to him, then he'll do absolutely anything for you." Izumi swung her fan around to annunciate what she was saying.

"That doesn't stop the fact that heart-eyes is creepy." Cegan retorted.

"Heart-eyes?" Izumi raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah, that's basically what Sanji's entire being consists of, right?" Cegan contemplated playfully, taking a bite of another chip.

"Heart-eyes is the perfect name," Izumi smiled to herself. "I'll call him that from now on."

"Whatever you want, plum-head." Cegan stood up, leaving her book and half-empty bag of chips on the grass.

"Hey, where are you going?" Izumi questioned, looking across the deck as Cegan walked away.

"Training time, see ya later!" Cegan threw her hand up in a peace-sign as she reached the main mast. "Lead the way, mossy." Only then did Izumi notice Zoro climbing up the ladder above Cegan.

Rolling her eyes and laying back on her stomach, Izumi grumbled "Whatever, bitch."

~~~

"Frankyyyyy-canon!" A massive boom resounded through the calm afternoon, jostling the entire Thousand-Sunny. Izumi nearly fell out of her lounge chair. She had fallen asleep while trying to improve her desperately pale skin tone in the late afternoon sun.

"Fuck everything," Izumi grumbled, propping herself up on one arm.

"FRANKY! YOU MADE THE FISH ESCAPE!" Sanji shouted angrily at the blue-haired cyborg.