Part 8: A Road...?

"Hey, Izumi-chan, do you want to go look for treasure?" Nami questioned as they reached the shore in a small rowboat.

"Of course, what kind of thief would turn down a treasure hunt?"

"Me," Cegan hummed sleepily as she leaned against Brook. "I'm tired from making so much rope..."

"Well stop being tired," Izumi snapped. "You should at least go exploring. I'm going to find whatever treasure is on this island."

"I have a feeling we're going to be great friends, Izumi-chan~" Nami spoke as a mischievous aura clouded around her. Izumi smiled back at her orange haired friend, a similar aura forming around her.

As the crew began to disembark from the small boat, Brook quickly stood up, causing the blonde to fall onto the floor.

"Sorry, Cegan-san." Brook apologized.

"It's okay, you weren't very comfortable anyway." Cegan mumbled, a snot-bubble forming as she fell asleep right there on the floor of the row-boat.

"Hey, Sanji-kun," Nami spoke sweetly.

"Yes, my darling Nami-swan?" Sanji replied with heart-eyes.

"Would you promise to cook Luffy some meat?" Nami asked.

"Of course, anything for you~!" Sanji twirled around.

"Thanks!" With that, she turned towards her captain who was momentarily zig-zagging across the land around them in search of something interesting.

"Oi Luffy-san!" Nami called out.

"Yes?" Luffy replied, halting his energetic search.

"If you help us find treasure, Sanji-san will cook extra meat for you!" Nami exclaimed cunningly.

"Alright, everyone! Let's find treasure!" Luffy ordered, pointing to the darkened forest ahead. The trees were all vibrant reds, oranges and yellows, an obvious sign that this was a fall island. The sandy shoreline gave way to jagged rocks that conjoined with the massive trees. The pirate crew skipped across the rocks easily, leaving a tired Cegan and awkward Brook behind.

"Yohoho, Cegan, you can go ahead." Brook gave the snoring teenager a gentle nudge.

"Won't you be lonely?" Cegan responded, letting out a yawn.

"I'm afraid there may be scary things in that forest. I hate dark forests, they're terrifying!" Brook emotionally replied.

"Oh." Cegan replied, realizing that Brook was only a scaredy-cat. "In that case, I'll go explore and you can stay here!"

"Thank you. Go, enjoy yourself, Yohoho!" Brook waved to her as he jumped back onto the ship, humming a random tune.

"Thanks!" Cegan waved back at the skeleton as she ran to catch up with the group in front of her. "Okay, I'm a bit less tired now," she muttered under her breath.

"Okay, let's split up and go search for treasure!" Luffy ordered. Everyone went in different directions, some more enthusiastic than others. Cegan spotted Zoro heading off on his own.

"Stupid moss-head, he'll get lost!" Cegan grumbled to herself. 'I'm not going after him myself this time...' She thought. "Hey, Luffy! Can you make sure mossy doesn't get lost?"

"Eh? Me?" Luffy replied.

"Yeah, you!" Cegan shouted. "You're our captain, so it's your job to make sure no one gets lost!"