Chapter 3

I was up early in the morning, too excited to sleep last night. I was a witch, I had magic, I was going to go to a magic school to learn how to perform spells! And it was in another country, so I really had to brush up on my English if I was going to do this. I had always been good at languages, Papa was constantly learning new languages and I just absorbed them... maybe another sign of my magic that we had never noticed.

When I got downstairs I saw Mama speaking to a purple haired lady. "Hola." I greeted standing in the doorway.

"Hello, you must be Esmeralda. I'm Tonks." Tonks said shaking my hand as her hair turned red, I gasped before giggling. "Yeah, it does that. Is everyone ready to go?"

Papa entered the room with all of our coats, helping Mama and I into ours. "Ready as we'll ever be." He confirmed to her.

"Then best get to England. We're going to apperate, so everyone hold hands really tightly, you will feel sick afterwards but that's just life I suppose." Tonks shrugged her shoulders before a sudden sensation came over me, it was like I was being forced through a tiny tube then shot back out again. I felt like everything was moving so fast, Tonks said a few sentences now I believe we're in England. We landed inside a small alleyway, I was looking around in great interest, Tonks, meanwhile, was counting bricks in the wall above the bins.

Papa turned and threw up in bin, Mama rubbing his back in comfort. "What was that?"

"Apperating." Tonks repeated herself. "Believe it or not, but we're in England now." I frowned as I looked around. "Right... so this bit isn't much to look at, but it's gonna get better!" She promised us all.

"Is she a crazy person?" I asked my parents, speaking in Spanish so Tonks didn't know what I was asking.

"Enthusiastic." Mama told me, taking my hand to hold. "And clumsy. She broke three plates."

"Which she repaired with magic." Papa added in, sounding very impressed.

"Three up... two across." Tonks was muttering to herself. "Right, stand back everyone." She tapped the wall three times with the point of her wand.

The brick she had touched starred to wriggle around, which made me jump as more bricks started to move, shaking as they started to twist and turned and move, opening the wall up to us. Seconds later, the wall in front of us was now an archway, an archway that lead out onto a cobbled street that twisted and turned out of sight.

"Welcome," said Tonks, "to Diagon Alley." She grinned at our amazement, stepping out of the way so me and my parents could walk through first.

"Oh my..." Mama breathed out, unable to contain her awe.

"Es magia." I breathed out, my eyes welling up with tears of joy as everything dawned on me... this was all real.

The shop closest to us appeared to be a cauldron shop, evidence by the stack of them outside of it. I moved forward and began to read the sign hanging above them all.

Cauldrons:
- All Sizes
- Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver
- Self-Stirring
- Collapsible.

"You'll need to buy one of those, but we have to go and get your money first." I nodded and followed Tonks down the street clutching Mama's hand very tightly.

I couldn't help but wish for more eyes, I wanted to look at everything this place had to offer, all of the shops, the things outside of them, all the strangely dressed people who were here doing their shopping! There was a woman standing outside an Apothecary, she was shaking her head as we passed, saying, "Dragon liver, seventeen Sickles an ounce, they're mad...."