Chapter 19

Hayes's POV:

Riley finally arrives at the park where we were waiting for her and she has such a sad expression on her face.

"Heyy," I stand up pulling her in a hug whilst trying to comfort her. She tries to pull away but I hold her in my brace.

When I let her go she still had a sad expression on her face but it lightened a little. I tried to ask her what was wrong but it was clear she didn't want to talk about.

"Riley!" Eliza yells pushing me aside and pulling Riley into a hug and Ben does the same.

We instantly start into talking about our summer, high school and generally life in general.

"Hey guys, wanna play truth or dare?" Eliza suggests.

We all nod in agreement and Eliza asks the first question-

"Why didn't you go to magcon?"

I shift my grin a little and finally answers the question.

"It just wasn't what I really wanted," I smile and look towards Riley.

"Who do you like at the moment?" Riley asks Ben.

Ben squirms a little and just mutters "no one".

"Riley, I dare you to kiss Ben!" Eliza randomly says.

Riley shoots Eliza a huge glare that you could notice from a mile away and I just sit there shocked waiting to see what happens next. Is Riley really going to? I mean she's my girlfriend and I should give her the benefit of the doubt but considering the stuff that's happened in the past I don't know.

"No, I am not doing that!" she yells at Eliza a little angered. Riley doesn't get angry that easily so something must have ticked her off beforehand.

Eliza sits there a little shocked while Riley looks down avoiding all eye contact.

"I think I should get going," Riley speaks softly and I almost don't hear her.

"No please stay, we haven't seen each other in so long," Ben pleads.

"And you haven't even stayed long enough," Eliza adds.

Riley finally gives in and we continue our truth or dare. One by one we all start to leave and soon Riley and I are the only ones left.

"Let's get going," I suggest lacing my fingers with hers.

We walk in silence. You'd think it was an awkward silence but it was actually quite comfortable. We arrive at Riley's doorstep waiting a few minutes before she opens the door.

She rests her head on my shoulder having to stand on her tippy toes. We finally separate and when we do our lips interlock.

"Well bye," she waves to me and walks into her house.

I feel a little uneasy about how she was acting but I just shrug it off. Riley's always a little moody. Nothing's changed.

*Next day*

Riley's POV:

I wake up the next morning and hear a loud thud coming from downstairs and screaming that sounds like my sister. I rush downstairs to find my parents enraged by each other and their wedding photos ripped up on the floor along with Destiny crying.

A tear slips from my eye from the glance at how disoriented my family is. What has happened since I last night and this morning?

"That's it! I'm done!" My mom yells.

"Girls, pack you bags! We're leaving!" My mom storms off.

My dad follows,

"No, you cannot take my kids away from me! They should be able to choose."