Chapter Two

INTERROGATION REPORT

CAMERON ANN GOODE

(Conducted by Zachary Goode and Luke Collins)

Upon her return, Agent Cameron Goode was questioned by Agents Zachary Goode and Luke Collins with assistance from the CrossFire 59x; serial code 554871. Location: Classified. Time: 17:00.  The following is an account of the interrogation.

Z. GOODE: State your name.

C. GOODE: Oh... I can forgive a forgotten anniversary or two, but my name, Zach? I think you should probably know that by now.

Z. GOODE: Name.

C. GOODE: Lighten up. This is an informal investigation, remember?

Z. GOODE: Cam...

C. GOODE: See, there it is.

Z. GOODE: Cam!

C. GOODE: Cameron Ann Goode, CIA, operative ID 145-23-6698. Is that formal enough for you Zach—oh. Sorry. Do you prefer Zachary? Mr. Goode?

Z. GOODE: Just your name, please.

C. GOODE: Fine. Cameron Ann Goode.

COLLINS: Now say it without raising your heartbeat.

Note: Agent C. Goode smiles at Agent Collins.

C. GOODE: That's a pretty sharp eye you've got. You're quick.

COLLINS: It's not too hard to figure out. Raise your heartbeat on the first question, and then you've got some slack for the following ones.

C. GOODE: Who taught you that?

COLLINS: Joe Solomon.

C. GOODE: He taught me, too.

Z. GOODE: Cam. Please. Just give us the name.

C. GOODE: Cameron Ann Goode.

Note: Agents Goode and Collins conclude that this is an acceptable response.

Z. GOODE: Where've you been, Cam?

C. GOODE: Wanted to see the world.

Z. GOODE: You could have seen the world with backup.

C. GOODE: I had backup.

Z. GOODE: Yeah, let's start with him. Ferb, you said?

C. GOODE: His name is Phineas. Phineas O'Reilly. But I think you knew that.

COLLINS: O'Reilly.  Is that Finn's dad?

C. GOODE: He has a son at Blackthorne, yes. Blind.

Z. GOODE: How does Phineas fit in to the past year?

Note: Agent C. Goode sighs. To be disregarded on polygraph results.

C. GOODE: I needed backup, but I couldn't risk using my usual crew.  The Gathering was--and still is, I guess--after anyone I'd ever worked with.  Anyone I've ever loved.  Anyone I ever knew.  I needed to remove myself from the equation and give the impression that I was dead.  Therefore, my backup had to be someone I didn't know.  Someone I'd never met before.  Someone who the Gathering couldn't trace back to me and, more importantly, someone who I didn't care if they died.

COLLINS: So you established a working relationship with a man you didn't know, specifically because you didn't know him?

C. GOODE: Correct. I warned him about the dangers. I told him about the Gathering and that they were after me and that if they found out we were working together, he'd probably earn himself a spot on the hitlist, but he was willing to take on the risk.