Chapter: 21

ELISE'S POV
I lay weak in the hospital bed. Thomas wasn't here, so the only sound I could hear was the crying and cough and crying from other disturbed rooms. I haven't eaten in 3 days, my skin is barely colored. My fingers were skinnier than a spider's leg. I looked like I was dying, which I was. My breathing was slower every second; Thomas didn't know today was the day. That's why he's not here, he promised to bring me my favorite food tomorrow. McDonalds. He said he would continue to talk of our wedding; which is too far out of reach, if only I could feel the cold ring hugging my finger, identical to his.

I grabbed the red button that was about 1 pound, now felt heavier than anything. I pushed the button and almost immediately a nurse came rushing in.

"Yes?"

"Can you ring Thomas up to the hospital please?" My eyes feeling heavier so it was a struggle to say one sentence.

She nods, a worried expression written on her face. "Y-Yes ma'am."
I thank her and wait for a few minutes. I would occasionally check the clock in wonders of where he is. Suddenly my breathing became short and hitched in the back of my throat. I started to cough, tears streamed down my cheeks. A doctor rushed in and sat by me, he knew what was happening.

"Sh. It'll be all over soon," the doctor rubbed my small hand. I stared at him, fear in my cold green eyes. Suddenly I felt the room turn cold and heard muffled voices and cries, also a loud beep. I looked around me and saw a few people surrounded a bed, I got in between them but they didn't seem to notice me. The person on the bed was me, but yet it didn't show many of my features. I looked at my hands and they were now full of color and not as thin as the me that's on the bed. My curly hair was clean and full of volume.

I then heard the door barge open and a sleep deprived Thomas. He pushed past everyone and saw my state. He fell on the floor and I walked over to him and sat beside him. I wrapped my arms around him, that's when a pair of white wings wrapped around him too, those are mine I guess.

THOMAS' POV

I saw Elise. I didn't even get to say goodbye. I collapsed on the floor, my face red and tear stained. I then felt a warm presence holding my body. I looked up and saw a white cloudish figure. No one else seemed to notice. Then I heard the familiar sound of Elise's singing. She was singing the song she sang when we first met.

Summer after high school, when we first met. We made out in you mustang to Radio Head.

I began to hum along, I knew it was really her. Her presence was near, that's for sure.

"Time of death 1:43." I looked up and saw the same doctor that said the same thing before. I ran out of the hospital and to my car. I started it and drove away from everything, I don't know where. I then realized how fast I was going and tried to stop myself but drove into a ditch. I then saw blood, and people, lots of people. I closed my eyes, opened them. I saw Elise in the car right beside me, she had wings and a white dress. Her hair and makeup done perfectly. Then I lost consciousness.

DOCTOR'S POV

"He'll be in a coma for who knows how long," I state to another doctor.

"We have to pull the plug soon." I then became angry.

"It's been 2 weeks. Give him time!" The doctor rolled his eyes and left me to myself.

THOMAS' POV

I opened my eyes. I was sitting in a school desk. I looked around and saw that I was in math class.

"Hey, you're lucky I saved your butt from getting caught," my voice hitched in the back of my throat. I turned towards the voice and saw Elise. She was alive.