movies

Trevor parked his car and we both got out the vehicle and started heading to the movies. It's been so long since Trevor and I hung out without any of our friends around saying how we should go out or how we like each other deep down inside but just don't want to admit it truthfully.

That's why we decided to go to the movies on a Wednesday. I  mean who in their right mind would go to the movies on a Wednesday night? But I mean that was the only way to avoid all those questions our friends ask us. 

It makes me uncomfortable because I hate thinking about my relationship with Trevor. I hate talking about my feelings towards Trevor as well, because I rather not think about those things so much. I love where our friendship stands as of right now. And I can tell it makes Trevor uneasy too. It's hard to explain but trust me, it does.

He opens the doors of the theater and we buy our popcorn, tickets, and drinks and head down to our designated room. 

Trevor put his arm around me while holding the popcorn in his other and smiled widely.

"What are you so happy about? It's only a movie." I laughed.

"Because, you remember when I told you I had a surprise waiting for you in the theater and you could only see it in the theater?"

"Oh yeah, it must be your six pack that you keep bragging about and you finally want to show it to me in the theater where it's dark so I can't see it? Don't worry, I know its just a two pack." I couldn't control my laughter.

"Very funny Z. And I mean I can show you that later anytime." He smirks at me. Oh God, that smirk.

"Whatever Trev. But what's the actual surprise?" 

"I rented out the whole theater for just the two of us." He squeezed me in his arms and rested his head on mine, since he was a little over three inches taller than me.

"Really?! How did you pull that off?" I'm so glad he did that, I really couldn't be bothered with another question about us, because I swear I would go off in a second.

"I just had to pay a little more, but I'd do anything for you so it doesn't really matter." He smiled at me with those brown eyes of his. 

"Aw, I have to admit, that is sweet." I laid my head on his chest.

Yeah, yeah I know. We act like as if we were a couple, but I mean we've been doing this for years and it just seems normal to us. We really don't think much of it. I mean, friends hug for a long time right?

We came to watch "The Perfect Guy"  and I'm glad Trevor is here with me because we all know I couldn't come see this movie all by myself.

.//.

An hour into the movie I find us holding hands. When did that even happen?

"Trevor, since when did we start holding hands?" I could feel the sweat coming down my forehead, good thing this place was dark.

"You don't remember? You just grabbed my hand once you saw him pull out the knife in the drawer and I couldn't really do anything about it because one, you had a pretty firm grip. And two, you were way too into the movie." He laughs.

"Oh." I smiled shyly at him and I know for a fact my cheeks were as red as tomatoes at the moment. Was I falling for this guy? He's the only actual guy bestfriend that I ever had, and he's probably the best in the whole world. But I don't want some stronger feelings towards him to complicate that.

.//.

"Now that's how you end a movie." Trevor said knowing I had a counterclaim against him.

"What?! That movie actually exceeded my standards of being scary, I didn't think they could pull it off so well. But I mean, I wasn't that scared." I lied through my teeth.

"Zendaya. You're literally shivering right now." His arm was around me and that's when I realized he was right.

"I'm um cold." I said softly.

"Stop lying Z! Like I gave you my jacket to wear, just admit you were terrified!" Trevor exclaimed as we excited the theater.

"Okay fine. Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman was actually scared. Happy now?" I smiled at him.

"Definitely." He said with a grin on his face.

We stopped walking and kinda just stood there looking at each other as the street lights beamed on our faces.

"What?" I asked him.

"Can I try something?" Trevor asked and I simply nodded my head. 

He leaned in slowly and placed his soft lips on mine. I was caught by a surprise but I didn't want to make it obvious. I put my hand on his shoulders as our lips pressed together and I deepened the kiss.

He released after about fifteen more seconds and we were having a staring contest again.

I pulled him into a strong hug and stood on my tippy-toes to do it.

"What's this for?" He said in the back in the back of my ear.

"Just don't let go just yet." I said rather quickly.

He chuckled. "Wasn't going to.."

*Author's Note*

I don't know what I just wrote but it was cute af. And by the way, of course I don't know what happens in The Perfect Guy but I'm obsessed with the trailer. Who's going to go watch it this Friday when it premieres? I want to,  but I don't know if I am yet. 

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.