Storm After

Derek woke up early the next morning. The clock showed 7 AM. He wasn't surprised. He did not sleep well anyway after what had happened yesterday night...

Derek groaned. He still couldn't believe the fact that he had kissed Natalie. God! How could he have let that happen. He had scared her so much that she literally fled away from him.

But what a kiss that was...! Natalie had been so soft. At first she had resisted, but the moment she had yielded in his arms and kissed him back...man it was worth the idiocy. Derek had to apologize he decided, that is if Natalie doesn't throw him out of her house first. And after last night he could most definitely kiss his business offer goodbye. There was absolutely no way in hell she would agree to do business with him now. Derek did not want to leave yet... But he knew that it was over. He had to start packing and leave as soon as possible. Having settled that Derek got out of bed and got ready for breakfast.

After half an hour...

Derek came down to the dining room expecting it to be empty. He thought he would go to the kitchen and fix something up by himself without having to disturb anyone else. No one would be up this early or so he thought. So he was rather surprised to find Ruth already up, sipping on a mug of hot, delicious coffee.

"Hey Ruth...You're up early today," Derek greeted Ruth and sat at the dining table beside her.

"And so are you," Ruth replied with a wink. "Want some coffee?" she asked.

"Definitely!" Derek replied. "I'll go get some and join you," saying Derek got up from his seat.

"The coffee is right on the counter and I made some apple pie too. Natalie loves them you see," Ruth smiled.

Natalie... On hearing her name suddenly out of nowhere the last night events came rushing back to Derek. He was so lost in those memories that he did not hear Ruth the first time she spoke.

"Derek? Are you alright?" Ruth inquired a bit loudly bringing Derek back home to the present.

"Uh..oh yes Ruth. I'm sorry. It's just that your coffee smells amazing." Derek lied. He then walked back quickly to the dining table having grabbed his coffee and apple pie.

"Sorry Ruth.. So what were you saying?" Derek asked.

"Well I was wondering if it would be too much to ask a favor of you?" Ruth replied.