Ch 8: Jaisa Filmo Main Hota Hai

Heyyy!!

Thanks for the #165 rank in short story! Means A LOT <3
Keep supporting and keep voting <3

~~~MADIHA's POV~~~

"And make sure you all have your water bottles with you!" I yelled out the last reminder before heaving a sigh. It's finally our turn to camp near the river side.

The walk began and we started following the rope that was already set up for us to find our way towards the site. Arif walked with me in the front as I didn't want him to do something silly here. Being the naughtiest, Hussain suggested we make him the class monitor. Some responsibilities might lead him to behave and stay safe.

Hussain and Aali Sir were right at the back. Being tall, they were able to keep an eye out for the kids.

Suddenly Arif stumbled and I held his shoulder, saving him from the fall. He sighed, saying 'thank you' to me and I smiled at him. I shook my head as my eyes fell on his shoes.

"Your laces," I narrowed my eyes at him and he bit his tongue, "tie them up and come with Aali Sir, okay?"

He nodded and went to sit on the rock. I shook my head and sighed at how careless kids can be sometimes. It's so dangerous to not tie your shoe laces.

Vardah came and held my hand and I smiled at her. My students are quite comfortable with me; I wonder why Hussain thinks I have my teacher mode on all the time? Yeah, I do scold them for their own good but, when they behave, I give them treats too. They don't even address me as "ma'am" or "Miss" or "Teacher."

"I am tired," Vardah complained and I chuckled. "Me too but, we are almost there and then you can rest. Yeah?"

"How long?"

"Almost there," I smiled, stealing a glance at the back. Everyone was following in two lines right behind me.

The group broke into loud cheers as we finally reached the end of the track and greeted the open ground. Water splashed against the edge, making it sound like muffled whispers. The site was bordered with colourful flowers that were grown by the site's caretaker.

Mr Farooqi came forward and greeted us. Over the past couple of days, he has been basically living here. After everyone was sitting on the ground, Mr Aali began to call out the roll. One by one, kids stood up and went over to their tents. One name where he paused was Arif's.

"But he was with you," I frowned at him and he shook his head. "No, he was walking in the front, Madiha."

"No sir, he stopped to tie his-"

"What is this Madiha?" Mr Farooqi interrupted and I frowned at the ground, "He is in your class, so he is your responsibility."

"Sorry sir," I sighed defeated and looked up, "I will go find him. He must be close by because he knows he needs to follow the rope."

"You better find him before it gets dark."

I turned around to leave when Hussain stopped me. "I'll go," he insisted, looking at Mr Farooqi and I frowned. Why?

Before I had a chance to stop him, he ran back into the woods. I looked over at Mr Farooqi and he shot me a glare. A glare full of warning that Arif better be safe. I sighed, taking a seat close by and Aali Sir finished calling the roll.