Prologue

Photo of Sam Winters ^

PROLOGUE.

+ Sam's POV  +

I'll admit I had it pretty easy growing up. Despite my father's absence, my childhood was full of happiness, sunshine and rainbows. Literally. I came out of the closet when I was thirteen, and it was surprisingly well received. I mean, sure, some of the kids didn't want to hang out with me during lunch anymore, but I was never bullied or anything. What more could a scared, pre-pubescent gay boy ask for? When I told my mom, she'd just blinked three times at me before shrugging a shoulder and ruffling my light brown hair. I'd almost felt disappointed by her reaction. I mean, I'd spent the last however many years dreading having to come out, and that was her response? Quite anti-climactic, if you ask me. But then I read stories online about all the people who had been disowned or beaten up after coming out, and I gratefully backpedaled into the supportive arms of my loving mother.

All of that changed, though, when my mom announced her plan to accept a new job offer.... on a cruise. I'd stared blankly at her for about five minutes, wondering how she expected me to go to school on a boat. I still remember the awkward silence before she looked me dead in the eye and told me that no, I wasn't going on the boat with her. No, she was shipping me off to Oak Hill, home to the one and only Lucius Winters. AKA, my dad. AKA, my terrifyingly homophobic father who, four years after I came out to the rest of the world, still doesn't know that his only son is a raging homosexual.

I almost didn't believe my mom at first. I mean, how could she be willing to send me off to some small, homophobic town like this? I was going into my senior year, and I had to say goodbye to all my friends, not see my mother for at least a year, and face the scary teenagers at my new school – who would more than likely beat me up when they found out I was gay. I'd been working towards being happy, open and free my entire life, but I knew that I couldn't face an entire year of being hated by my father and bullied at school. So, knowing that I couldn't stay with friends and had to leave my mom, I changed the only thing I had control over: my gayness. No, I didn't suddenly become straight; it's not a choice, remember? Anyway, I decided to go back into the closet. Was it an easy decision? No. Was I happy about having to pretend to be straight? Definitely not. But would it make my life in Oak Hill a thousand times easier? Well... I thought it would. 

___________________________

A/N Heyyyyy! So as an avid bxb reader, i finally decided to give it a go myself. It may be crap, who knows. It may get hot and heavy at times (lets be honest, it will), but i'll probably post those chapters somewhere separate. I'll also probably keep writing this story even if no one reads it, purely because i've run out of boy x boy stories to read myself, but it'd be great to get some feedback :) Okay thats all, byeeee 

xx Katie