Chapter 2

Finally the day had come. I was woken up at 3 in the morning by Mrs. Weasley who told the three of us that we needed to be ready to leave in half an hour. I groaned. Everyone who could do magic was going to apparate there at 6 but everyone else had to hike for a couple hours to a Portkey to take them there. I wasn't supposed to tell anyone I didn't have the trace on me so I was forced to go with the younger group.

Half an hour later I was decked out in all green to root for Ireland. Mrs. Weasley shoved pieces of toast in our hands as we went out the door. Mr. Weasley led the way on the 2 hour hike through the woods. After we were almost there we ran into a man Mr. Weasley and his son.

"This is Cedric," the man said, "And I'm Amos Diggory.

We all politely said hello as Hermione Ginny and I exchanged a look. Cedric was hot. He was tall, probably a couple years older than us. His teeth were so white they looked like they were shining. He had blonde hair that was expertly gelled up in the front.

"You've come to catch the portkey too?" asked Mr. Weasley as we walked with them up a hill.

He nodded, "Yep. It stinks, Cedric here will be of age in just a couple weeks but there's not much we could do to change that is there?"

They went over to an old boot on the floor and Amos looked at his watch, "Only 5 more minutes, everyone come hold on."

Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Fred, George and Harry looked confused but did as he said. Cedric must've done this before because he looked perfectly at ease. I had read about portkeys but I had never travelled using one so I wasn't sure what to expect.

5 minutes later we were whisked into the air. Ginny was screaming and Hermione was shouting at everyone. We were set down in another field. Cedric, Mr. Weasley, Mr. Diggory and I were able to float down like you were supposed to but everyone else landed with a thud on the ground.

"Bloody hell," Ron cursed getting up.

We said goodbye to the Diggorys as they went to their tent in a different section than ours. Mr. Weasley led us over to a row of three tents.

He pointed at the first one, "Fred, George, Harry, Ron you'll be in there and Percy will be coming soon too," pointing at the second one he said, "That one is for me and Molly, and that one at the end will be for you girls."

We all nodded and went into our tents to put our things away. A few hours later it was time to go get seated. We went out of our tent and I saw Mrs. Weasley going in to get the boys. We all walked to the Quiddatch stands. Arthur began to walk up the stairs as we all followed behind him single file.

On the way we ran into Mr. Malfoy and Draco, "Hello Jessica, are you well?"

I nodded politely, "Yes thank you, and yourselves?"

Draco smiled smugly and said, "We are great. We were just going to our seats. We have great seats this year don't you think so father? We are in the box with the minister after all, we have the best seats in the house."

I smiled politely, "Oh I'm sure you're very happy about that Draco. I didn't know you were into Quiddatch."

His father answered for him, "Draco has never been too interested in the game, but when you get a personal invitation from the minister himself, how can you refuse?"

Just then the minister appeared behind him and said, "Why hello there Jessica, how are you doing this summer?"

Embarrassed by the minister talking to me in front of everyone I politely answered, "I'm doing very well sir. My studies are going exceptionally well. How have you been since I saw you last?"

He replied merrily, "I'm doing pretty well. There's a lot of work to be done, so to get away to here for a bit is a nice change of pace. There's an extra seat in the minister's box if you'd like it, it's yours."

I shook my head, "I'm afraid I'll have to decline Minister, I'm going to be sitting with the Weasleys today."

"Please call me Cornelius Jessica," he said friendlily, "Well I don't want to hold you up any longer. I hope you enjoy your time here."

I nodded, "Thank you Cornelius."

We began to walk even further up as Fred asked the question everyone wanted to ask I'm sure, "How do you know the Minister of Magic so well Jessica?"

I shrugged, "We've been in correspondent for a little while."

I tried to avoid any more questions about the minister but this proved to be quite difficult even when we reached our seats.

"Ah hello there Chris," Arthur said and I followed his line of sight.

"Ah Jessica," Mr. Logan said.

"Hello Mr. Logan. I didn't know you were going to the game today."

He smiled, "Nor I you. It should be a good game though. I've been following Krum's achievements all year but the rest of his team isn't nearly as good as he is."

I nodded, "Yeah I'm very excited to see Krum in action."

"And Severus? Is he here?"

I shook my head, "No he's at home. I came with the Weasleys, who are very good friends of mine."

"Shame," he said, "Well send Severus my regards when you next see him, if I don't see the two of you first."

I laughed, "Will do sir."   

I sat down between Fred and George as far away from Chris as possible.

"Geez Jessica," Fred said, "Do you just know all the high ranking ministry officials?" George finished.

I laughed and looked to my right then said quietly, "No, I just know my fair share of them. I don't really want to, but yes I suppose I do know a few of them."

"What do you know Chris Logan for? Percy is sitting next to him, and he looks like he's going to pass out, that guy's his idol," George asked.

I shrugged, "He's just friends with the Malfoys so he's friends with Severus and that means I know him. We have dinner with him sometimes, and I think he wants me to work at the ministry when I'm older so he keeps offering to let us come in and show me things. It drives my father crazy."

Fred replied, "Percy would literally kill to be you. He already knows he wants to be a ministry official and he thinks he can become the minister if he tries hard enough."

I laughed, "I don't know about that. I don't think Cornelius will step down anytime soon."

Rather short I'm sorry but next chapter will have the events of the Quiddatch World Cup! Vote and comment if you liked it!