Chapter 12

I had to wait until the next morning to go see Severus. At breakfast I told him to meet me down at his office before my first class of the day.

After breakfast I took off to his office in the dungeons.

Easing open the door to his office I went and sat down in my normal chair across from him at his desk, "Harry put his name in the Goblet of Fire."

He stood up and yelled, "How could you let him do that! You were supposed to make sure he didn't do that! You didn't put your name in too did you? Are you as stupid as you allowed Potter to be?!"

I stared up at him not believing, "This is not my fault!" I yelled back, "I told him not to but he did anyways. What did you want me to do, tackle him and tell him that I couldn't let him put him name in?!"

"If that was what was necessary then yes!" he yelled back, "I can't believe you were so incompetent to not even be able to handle Potter putting his name in the goblet. I don't know why I trusted you with something that big. It was a mistake that I won't make again."

I felt tears in my eyes as I screamed back, "You're an ass, this wasn't my fault and you know it! I'm not a pawn in your stupid game like everyone else! If you ever need something, don't come to me!"

"It is your fault! You should've done something- anything."

I didn't respond. Instead I stormed out of the room blinking back tears. Normally I would've gone to Blake if something happened like this especially with Severus but I had barely even talked to him this year. I had class in half an hour so I had 25 minutes to compose myself before going to class.

I raced down the hall wiping tears off my face when I ran into someone, "Sorry," I apologized as I stood up and dusted myself off.

As I looked up at who I had ran over I cast my eyes to the ground and said quietly, "Oh Blake, um sorry I was in a rush to go see my uh friends. I guess I'll see you around."

Without even really looking at me he muttered, "It's fine. I'll see you later Jess."

He walked quickly in the other direction as I walked the other direction. I was still blinking back tears. I pivoted to take me outside since not as many people would be outside especially at this time of day.

I felt a hand on my arm turn me around, "What do you want?" I snapped.

Blake recoiled but quickly recovered, "Is this really what we've turned into Jessica?" he asked softly, "Has it really gotten so bad that when you're running down the corridor crying and run into me you don't even tell me. That isn't the best friend I thought I had."

I narrowed my eyes at him and scowled, "It's not my fault. I made it clear, and have always made it clear that I have no problem being friends with you regardless of our houses or whatever but this year you got in the Slytherin cool kid club and decided you couldn't hang out with me anymore. That's on you Blake, not me. You're not the first person I thought to run to, even though this time last year you probably would've been. So yeah, what happened to my best friend Blake? Who are you?"

His face dropped and he replied, "I had to Jess. You know how Slytherins are, it would've been terrible to try to tell them I was still friends with you. But you know what I don't even care anymore, Jessica it's been torture without you and it hasn't even been a month. I need my best friend back, please?"

I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, "I missed you Blake, more than you could imagine."

He kissed the top of my head and murmured, "So why are you crying?"

I shook my head and laughed bitterly, "Would you believe it if I told you it was Severus' fault actually? We got in a fight because I let Harry put his name in the Goblet of Fire."

Blake's eyebrows shot up and he said, "Wow really? You guys better make up soon though, I need to apologize to Severus too. I've been a jackass to both of you lately, and I'm so sorry."

I shrugged, "Blake it's fine, I get it. You're not a Gryffindor even if I tried to make you into one."

"It's not like I stopped you or anything. I'm sorry Jess, can we go back to how things used to be? Maybe I just sleep and hang out with Slytherins close to curfew and stuff? Would that be alright?"

I nodded and smiled at him, "That would be wonderful."

"Can I walk you to class then?" he asked extending his arm.

I took his arm as we walked to Transfiguration together. Krum had been in this class with us because Durmstrang didn't have a good Transfiguration teacher and they were all behind, but today was the first day he came and sat next to Hermione also next to me.

Ron sat on the other side of Hermione and was protective over her the entire period as Krum tried to work with Hermione and flirted with her along the way. I grinned every time I saw an exchange between the two of them. My eyebrows rose as I noticed that Ron didn't seem to like this set up. I made a mental note to ask him about this later. I thought Krum was his hero, why wouldn't he like the idea of him going out with one of his best friends?