Falling

After arriving at my apartment, we all went to pick a movie. We stared at my small selection, finally choosing the Hunger Games, because we couldn't find anything else. I was obsessed with this series. We all got quilts and pillows, and some popcorn and Twizzlers. During the movie, when Rue was killed, I cried a little. Pete chuckled at me, noticing my fangirl issue, while Patrick pulled me into his arms. His warm feeling made me more content. I felt close to him, but yet not in that romantic way. He sighed. I smiled, looking up into his eyes contently.

Later during the movie, I excused myself to pop some more popcorn, and Patrick went to the bathroom. Pete's eyes were fixed on Cato's fighting scene. I stood by the microwave, staring at the bag pop, like the kernels were jumping for joy. I felt a hand tap my shoulder. "Agh!" I turned around to find Patrick laughing. "Gotcha!" I sighed."you scared the crap outta me," he nodded. "Florence," he started. "I don't know how to say this," his hands shook nervously. "I- I'm in love, and I have been for a really long time," I stared at him. "With who?!" I asked. A deep breath escaped from his lips. "You." he whispered and he pulled me in and kissed me for a moment. My hands were placed gently on his chest. I felt a tingle in my spine, my heart pounded furiously. When our lips parted, His deep hazel eyes scanned my face, looking for a expression. "I- Patrick- This isn't what I want. Chris makes me happy, like no one else can in a- romantic way," I tried to lace my words together, but too many feelings and thoughts exploded in me. "But you're my bestfriend. Forever that's how it'll be. That's the way that's best, I think," For a moment, he only replied with a blank, empty stare. "Flor, why him? I love you, and I always have, since the day we met, but I can't convince you, can I?" "Sorry,  but please let me be happy." "I think it's best I leave with Pete now," he spoke quietly, depression coating his voice. He waved.

I lost a piece of my heart.