Firefly

A/N: This chapter is based on the song Firefly by Ed Sheeran off his EP Loose Change. One of my favorite love songs. Enjoy!

Patrick's POV

It had been a few weeks after my hospital visit and it was like old times, sweet and simple. It was 6 pm, and I had a surprise for Florence tonight. Little did she know it was our 9th anniversary of knowing each other, which was the most important this to me. I smiled and adjusted my fedora and I wore my dark rimmed glasses, per usual. "Flor? You almost set?" I called out. "Hold on!" She said before rushing out of our room. She wore a flowy light yellow sundress and elegant white wedges. She wore simple makeup with black eyeliner. "I..." I breathed. "Oh, is something wrong?" She asked slightly worried. "No you just look...wow." I smiled. She tucked a piece of her hair in her ear, down in loose waves. She beamed. "So where are you takin' me?" She smirked. "Oh, you'll see." We walked out to my car. We drove for about 30 minutes before making a sharp turn to a gravel back road. I stopped and turned off the ignition. "Let's go, m'lady," I opened our doors and we walked down the path holding hands, a bit more before reaching a small pond with a rather decent sized field. Fireflies lit up all around and the candles I had set up also improved the weak light from the bugs. A picnic blanket and basket waited near the pond. I turned to her to see her reaction. "Do you do all this? For me?" She squeaked. "Anything for a princess like you," I grinned. "Thank you, you have no idea how much I love this...and you." She beamed, hugging me. We set up the picnic and enjoyed the quiet time we had. The sunset had almost fled the sky, signaling the end of the day. I stared at the pond and a great idea popped into my head. I waited until we finished eating and waited for the perfect moment. I wrapped my arm around her waist and scooped Flor into my arms. "Trick what are you doing?!" I ran to the water and softly (if that was possible) threw her into the 3 foot deep water. Once she broke through the water, she shrieked, "WHY DID YOU DO THAT YOU LITTLE BITCH!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me in with her. I only laughed, but her smudged makeup and frown suggested she wasn't as happy. She huffed. "You're a pain in my ass sometimes, you know that, right?" I nodded, embracing her. I pulled us out of the water and we stripped of our wet clothing, leaving us in only our underwear. It sounded sexy, but trust me it wasn't. She wrapped ourselves with each other and the picnic blanket to keep a little warm. We watched the stars that had been projected on the sweet summer night. "It's been 9 years together." I whispered to her. "I know, it seems...crazy..." She said. She picked herself up and it was hard not to stare at her curvy figure. Florence ran around and suddenly cupped her hands and held something. "It's a firefly!" She marveled. I chuckled at her childish voice. I approached her to see. It's glowing light filled her eyes, and she looked so happy. She was so beautiful with her ruined makeup and damp hair, I kept staring. Florence loosed her hand and let the bug free. "I think our clothes are dry now," she said. I nodded and we put our clothes back on. We went to pack up, and as she put the blanket in the basket, not facing me, I did the most craziest thing.

I pulled out a case from my front pocket and got on one knee, opening the little black box. "Hey Florence?" She turned around and gasped, and her hand covered her mouth. "Oh my god!" She squeaked. "Florence Iris, I loved you for 9 years and I think it's time I've asked you this; Will you marry me?" "Yes! Of course!" she grinned from ear to ear. I slid the ring on her shaking finger and then embraced her into the most passionate kiss I've ever had. "I love you so much," Flor whispered into my ear. "Not as much as I do." I kissed her head. "I wanted to make this commitment because...we're going on tour tomorrow for 3 months."