Chapter 7

I stood on the docks, smiling. Next to Noah.

"Are you sure about this?" Noah raised an eyebrow.

"Absolutely." I nodded. I kicked my flip flops off and looked back to Noah.

"What if they try to take you? What do I do? I don't think I can find you or swim all the way down there. I can't hold my breath for that long." Noah asked with concern.

"Hmmm, I'm sure I'll be fine. If they try to make a grab for me, I'll try to swim back. But hopefully they'll understand that I come in peace to ask a question." I put a finger to my chin.

"Um? Okay? If you think you can do it..." Noah looked me up and down with uncertainty.

"Yeah I got it." I looked down at the water. I took my last big breath of fresh air. I jumped in the water, bubbles fizzed around me. I fell deep into the water. My hair flowing around me. I kicked my legs a little until the sparkles began swirling around my legs.

"Here we go again." I thought.
I looked up and was able to see Noah peering over the dock, watching me. I looked back down to see no legs but a tail. I swam up to the surface to Noah. Once I hit the surface I got a whole mouth full of fresh air. I smiled up at Noah.

"It's time to find some mermaids?" Noah raised an eye brow.

"It's time to find some mermaids." I confirmed with a smile. I pushed on the dock so I was able to get myself under the water. I knew I couldn't just hold my breath the whole time, I needed to breathe water. But I hated the feeling, the gagging feeling like I was choking. Might as well get it over with. I gathered up all my courage and took a mouthful of water. Bubbles came out my mouth and water forced its way down my throat and into my lungs.

The gagging feeling came. I started coughing but only for more water to flow down my throat forcefully.

I tried to steady my breathing and soon the gagging feeling went away. I was able to breathe without trouble.

"Thank goodness that's over with." My voice echoed out into the water. My vision cleared. I looked back up to Noah one more time before I headed off in a direction. I swam and swam for what felt like hours and it probably was hours. I swam at the ocean floor, the Suns light shining through the water. I then saw shadows on the oceans floor.

I looked up and hid behind some coral. There were some mermaids with some type of spears. They appeared as male with their hair a little longer than normal human guys would have it. One of them had black hair and the other had brown hair.

They swam around until one of them spotted the perfect fish and they speared it.

I tilted my head. "They must be hunting for them all." I thought. I then realized they had a net full of fish and they added the speared fish to the pile and swam off. When they got a little bit into the distance I came out from hiding and followed them. Keeping well behind them and if they ever looked back I would hide.

I followed them and soon saw a bunch of mermaids, all in one group. I hid.

I saw a female mermaid that looks like she's in her thirties with a younger mermaid that seemed to be a teen, about fifteen. The older mermaid was brushing the younger ones hair with her fingers and when she was done she placed a flower in her hair. The younger mermaid looked back to the older one and smiled. The girl had black hair and green eyes. Her tail was purple, she sported a clam bra with a starfish in the center. The straps holding it up was some type of fish netting. She had the same netting going around her waist.

I looked away to the others. I saw a few mermaid kids playing with a shell. Tossing it and when it floated back down they had to hit it up with their fins or hands. They all seemed to be happy and having fun. But I couldn't be apart of this. I have a life on land, not in the sea.