Chapter 1

// Harmony //

"Where do you think you're going?" my boyfriend Chase asked.

"The bathroom," I replied.

"And you don't even bother to ask me if you could?" He looked angry.

"Why would I ask? If I have to go, I have to go."

"Do NOT talk back to me!" he yelled. Then he picked me up off the ground and threw me against the wall. Pain shot up my back. I yelped but tried not to cry. I didn't want him to know I'm scared of him or he'd hurt me even more.

"I'm sorry! Forgive me?" I begged.

"Fine, whatever. Just go!" I ran to the bathroom before he could change his mind. I locked the door.

I'm Harmony Campbell. I've been going out with Chase Butler for just a little over four years. At first he was sweet and kind and I was happy with him but then after a year he became abusive. I don't even want him anymore. It's actually been over for a while he just doesn't know it. I tried breaking up with him once and he threatened to kill me but he just broke my arm. That's what he calls a warning.

I opened one of the drawers in the bathroom quietly and grabbed a knife. I cut my wrists and blood dripped. I do this every day. Ever since Chase started abusing me I turned into a bad girl. I used to be a good girl and get A's and B's in school but now I get D's and F's. I started cutting myself and I wanted to get a belly piercing or a tattoo but my parents wouldn't let me.

I cried in pain as I continued to cut my wrists. I sat in the bathroom cutting myself for five minutes until I heard Chase.

"Harmony, what's taking so long?!" he asked angrily.

"I... ran out of toilet paper," I lied. "But I found some." I opened up the door excepting to see him angry but instead he just ignored the subject.

"Well I got a text saying I have to go home for a minute but I'll be back in an hour or so. Don't leave the house or you'll regret it." Who does he think he is? My dad?

"O-okay," I stuttered. I'm not planning on leaving 'cause I don't want to find out what would happen if

I did.

"Bye." He opened the door and walked out the house. Finally. Alone at last. I decided to go outside for fresh air. I layed on the grass and felt the warm air. I was trying to find a way to get rid of Chase. I heard a bunch of cars go by... I got it! I could run in the middle of the road and get killed! I'll never have to see Chase again! I stood up and ran into the road. The car that was coming at me tried to pull on the brakes but it was too late. They had hit me. I fell on the cement and felt pain everywhere on my body. I heard a car door open and felt someone pick me up. My vision was blurry so I couldn't  see who the person was. What I could see was that there were two people. They started to speak and I heard one of them say, "Is she okay?" It sounded like a boy. I heard the other one say, "Let's get her into the backseat." It sounded like an older women. I felt myself being carried and then set down. Not long after I closed my eyes and passed out.