The Favor

Favor For A Friend? 2: The Favor

"Boyfriend?" Paul's parents chorused. It then quickly hit Reggie what Ash's plan was. So before Paul had anytime to say anything from his minor shock, Reggie intervened.

"Mom, Dad!" He said happily. The parents turned.

"There's our eldest son!" His mom said. She and his father hugged him. Brock and Dawn still stood behind them, just realizing Ash's plan. Too bad Paul didn't seem to get it.

"Did you know Paul has a boyfriend?" His father asked. Paul opened his mouth to object, but Reggie was too quick.

"Yes I did. Isn't it great? Ash has been great for him." Ash face-palmed as Paul started to look like he was going to yell. "Paul, why don't you go show Ash that new thing you were going to show him in your room?" Everyone looked at him. When their parents turned, Reggie mouthed 'just go with it' and Ash got the message.

He grabbed Paul's hand and started dragging him off towards his room. "Yea Paul, you said you were going to show me." Paul, who was still absolutely confused, allowed Ash to drag him off to his room.

When they entered, Ash let go of his hand and turned to his very angry rival. Ash swallowed nervously. "What is going on? You better start talking right now." He threatened.

"Shhh, keep your voice down!" Ash exclaimed in a whisper as he ran forward and shut the door completely. He turned and squeaked as Paul grabbed the front of his shirt.

"Start talking, Ketchum..." He glared at the raven-haired trainer.

"Reggie explained to us over lunch why you worked so hard. That you know, you're parents were going to make you move and he said that if you had a boyfriend, they wouldn't make you move back. When we were on our way back here, Reggie got a call from your mom and said that they were going to make you move before you were had a chance to show them how great of a trainer you really are and I didn't want you to move so I thought I'd help you out." Ash explained in a hurry.

"Help me out? By being my boyfriend!" Paul questioned angrily while gripping Ash's shirt tighter.

"Help you out by ACTING as your boyfriend." Ash corrected. "I don't like the idea of being your real boyfriend anymore than you do. I thought I'd just help you out."

Paul groaned and let go of Ash. He turned around, obviously steamed at the idea. "You don't have to take my offer if you don't want to. You're welcome to tell your parents otherwise and then you can move before you get a chance to battle in the Sinnoh League. Something you've worked for all year is just going to go down the drain."

Paul groaned again. "Why are you helping me?"

"Because I want to. I don't like the idea of having my dreams just ripped away from me and I know that you don't either." Ash explained.

Paul then remembered what he said. "Why don't you want me to move?" He asked, his back still facing his rival.

"Huh?" Ash questioned.

"You said you didn't want me to move...,why?" Paul asked. "I figured you'd love the chance to get rid of me. One less person to beat in the Sinnoh League."

"What's the point of entering the league if my biggest rival, the one person who I've yet to defeat, isn't even going to be there? I've been looking forward to our battle. I want to battle you in the league." Ash explained. Paul sighed. "Look, we don't have to be a close couple or anything-"

"That's the thing, we will have to act like a close couple. My parents probably won't make me move if I'm close to you. Problem is, if I was close to you, I'd know everything about you, and vise versa. We hardly know anything about each other. And if you're 'my boyfriend', my parents will want to take us out to dinner and get to know you. I can't exactly explain how we're close if I don't know about you."