Fights

Favor For A Friend? 9: Fights

"Stop it." Paul grumbled to his brother who was walking beside him. He had his eyes closed and hands in his pockets as they walked down the dirt road towards their aunt's house. He still felt Reggie's stare. "Stop staring at me already!" Paul yelled looking at him.

"Sorry, I just, I can't believe you actually went through with it. I mean, you actually kissed him." Reggie said.

"You should be the one to know that I WANTED to do it." Paul told him completely perplexed as to why he didn't get that. Did he, or did he not, explain to the breeder that he had feelings for the other trainer?

"It's not actually the fact you kissed him, it's the fact you kissed him in front of everyone else." Reggie told him.

Paul closed his eyes as they continued to walk down the dirt path and explained to his brother. "Unfortunately, that is only way I'd ever be able to kiss him."

Reggie smirked a very Paul-like smirk. "Unless you tell him."

Paul glared at him. "I am not telling him." He told the breeder.

"Why not? What the heck have you got to lose?"

"My dignity." Paul replied. Reggie sighed.

'Oh well, I can't expect a change over night.' The breeder thought.

"Did you tell Gary?" Paul asked. Reggie turned to his brother.

"Tell Gary what?" He questioned.

"That I had feelings for Ash." Paul answered.

"Of course not, why would I tell him?"

He looked at his brother and replied, "So that I wouldn't end up with Ash."

Reggie looked at him like he had two heads. Was his brother crazy? "Why would I want Ash to end up with Gary instead of you? You are my brother you know. Why do you think I wouldn't support you?"

"Because I'm a jerk and I don't deserve someone like Ash." He answered.

Reggie had different thoughts about this statement. On one hand he knew Paul was technically right. On the other, he also knew the reason Paul acted the way he did and knew that the only way for him to get to open up again is for someone to actually to give him a chance and the only kind of person who would is someone like Ash. He sighed. "I think you'd treat Ash just fine. I know you don't want to admit it, but I know you know that having feelings for someone is changing you."

Paul sighed. Reggie was right, he wouldn't want to admit that...at least not out loud. He could easily admit to himself that he knew he was changing...ok, so maybe not EASILY, but he knew on the inside he was. The thing was, he didn't know if he wanted to stop this change. Though, he didn't know if he keep up this 'new Paul.'

When his brother went silent, Reggie knew that he was thinking about the whole situation. Curiosity then struck him. "Why did you suddenly think I told Gary anyways?" He asked turning his head to look at him.

Paul looked at him as well and answered, "Because he knows."

"Wow, guess if he can read you he's pretty smart, especially to be able to decipher that."

"Maybe not." Paul said. Reggie cocked his head in confusion. "I'm pretty sure I'm just getting easier to read."

"And you have a problem with that?" Reggie questioned.

"Of course I have a problem with that!" The mauve haired boy yelled. "I don't want people knowing what I think. That's one reason I don't care to have relationships with people." He admitted.