[10]

I jingled the coins in my worn-out leather purse. Pouring whatever was left in there onto my awaiting outstretched palm, I counted the coins. 963 ruble (Russian currency). Over the days during my training here in the Red Room, I had been tirelessly saving up for this year for five years. It was a long wait but nothing lasts forever. 

The other girls, as I could tell from their expressions, had almost no money left. They had spent all of it on their last trip to the village half a decade ago. I wasn't greedy an eager, not like them. I decided I had made the right choice. Tempting as it might be,  I had resisted.

We all queued up outside our room once we had washed up. I stood in place with Peggy by my side. Seeing how she didn't have any money with her, I passed her 200 ruble. After all, she was my best friend. 

Mr Ivan came strutting into the hallway afterwards, putting chains on our hands and gathering all of them to be attached to one particular main lock. The main lock was being held by none other than Mr Ivan himself. He proceeded to lead us out of the building. 

The fun had just started. There were collective sighs of relief the moment we could see sunshine and smell fresh air. Even though it was in the middle of autumn and there wasn't anything much to look around, there was still the breathtaking and picturesque view of red and orange trees.  Their leaves were slowly loosening their grip and falling away, never to be seen again.

When I saw the leaves withering, I though about how this could relate to our current situation. Every single time a leaf falls from the tree, it was just like how one of us had perished from the world. Be it by torture, or just by being killed. Vanessa's name floated into my mind instantly. Sparring Day. I had killed her. A tear threatened to roll down my cheeks, but I firmly held it back.

Ivan once said to us, "Everything you want is on the other side of fear. In order to become Soviet's best spy and assassin, challenge them, all those demons in your mind. Fear is only for weaklings, you all are concrete, I say, concrete."

Since then, it stuck in my head. I had successfully gained full use of it. I no longer had any fears, maybe one or two occasionally, but they had all been thwarted by my strong belief.

[!][!][!]

I've finally arrived at my 10th chapter of Red Assassins! *hallelujah* Thank you for all those who have been constantly reading, voting and commenting. Please follow these accounts because they are super active :) and they also commented and chatted with me on my books and in private messages.

-CorinnaNg for giving me endless support and motivation, and also being one of the best internet buddies ever :3

-avengingmoon245 for brainstorming ideas with me as well as being my pillar of strength <3

-thataddiction for chatting on private message together :D

-joydho for being one of my best friends (in school and on wattpad) ;)