Chapter 24 "And So It Begins..."

-Gabriel-

The way he looked at me and controlled everything in that moment; the things he made me see - he believes he's untouchable. He thinks I'm less than dirt. Well I'll show him.

My first plan will not work. This is more sophisticated than I thought. I will have to leave this place and go where there is no one around, but if I do that, I will starve to death-thus, he would be winning this 'game'. I never lose... to anyone.

I should go some place not far from civilization. If I am there, he won't take you from me, I will have time to plan his defeat, and it will be much easier for me to see him coming. I know he's purely focused on me.

If I go, I need to go now. This is going to be very difficult for me. I will go mad not having you in my sight. But I must do this.

I go in my room to get my wallet, keys and a pair of shades, and I glance at my bed where you once laid... where, at some point, most of my girls laid. But you... while I want to mutilate you and feed on you... I'm also having other emotions toward you I hardly recognize. I wish I knew why this is. It didn't start happening until after that... dream... with Jack in it. Is my human side... resurfacing? No. I can't let this take over. The mere thought of that makes my eye twitch. I turn away from the bed and I leave the apartment. Where I'm going, I'll have everything I need.

I take the apartment key off my key-chain and go get in my truck, drive over to the office and drop the key off there.

No one is at the desk at the moment.
Good.

I exit the office and get back in my truck, but I don't move until I've given the apartments behind me a good, long last look. I've been here for ten years, had many good times, countless girls over for breakfast, lunch and dinner here. I've been all over the united states, but Maryland has always been my home. Why is this even mattering to me? It didn't before. The world is my playground. I don't just live in it, I drown in all that it has to offer me. I put the truck in gear and drive on.

I'm going to a house I built thirty years ago just outside the small town 'Barton'. There is a family of five living in it now. I call them once in a while to keep track of everything there. This is perfect for me. I put my sunglasses on and look at the sunny sky. Though it's shining, I'm deeply annoyed that I can't just take you with me. It's time to end this once and for all.

-Addison-

I'm still on the floor, stuck in place, looking around the room trying to understand what has happened. Is he really gone? Was all of that real? It can't be right. It just can't be right.The room had already changed a few times. It had to of been another hallucination; like everything else I've been seeing in the mirrors too! The more I try to figure this out, the more I feel that same powerful, threatening presence hovering over and around me again. If I make one move, something is going to happen. I breathe out one more slow breath, dropping my eyes to the floor.

"...Reuben...?" Cool air brushes up my arms, giving me goosebumps and splintering sensations. I have to bite down on my lip to suppress any sounds I make.
"Hello Addison..."
Reuben-It's him...!
"...Are- are you... going to kill me?"
"No."
"What will you do?"
I hear cracking noises and see the floor splitting and the lights are starting to flash again. I cautiously lift my gaze to see liquid is oozing from the walls; it looks like bodily fluids. It's leaking through the door too. I want to fight, I want to scream so loud the world can hear me, I want to run; I want Gabriel. I told him not to go. I told him this would happen!