prologue

[DISCLAIMER: this story is completely fiction, all of the following events occurring are ideas created by me. Shawn Mendes in this book is in no way affiliated with the real Shawn Mendes, just his name and his appearance are used in this story. Thank you!]

Saturdays were always a drag to me. I didn't do anything, I had nothing to do, besides wait in a heap of hysteria for the next day. Sunday.

Sunday's were my favorite day of the week. It's always quiet on Sunday. All my favorite TV programs aired in marathons on Sunday. And, if you get up early enough, you can get the streets all to yourself when everyone else is off at church. Other than that, though, it was the day my Venus Midnight went to do her laundry in the old, beaten down laundry room on the first floor of our apartment complex.

Before you make assumptions, this apartment complex was not anything fancy, least of all "nice." It housed five floors with thirteen rooms on each, and rusty concrete stairways lead you from one floor to the other. The hallways always ever smelled of marijuana or cat litter, but occasionally the smell of cheap perfume would linger on floor three. The hallway lights flickered continuously, and the faint sound of television soap operas always seemed to be in the background of everything else.

I, Shawn Mendes, lived in room nine of the fifth floor, my sweet Venus living in the room across the way, number eleven.

Venus and I didn't have any kind of relationship. To me, she was my lover, my soulmate. To her, however, I was just the neighbor across the way. Not lover, not friend, not even acquaintance. Typically the fact that I meant nothing to her didn't irritate me, in the hopes of one day we'd be together anyway, but on my dark days, I did have mild breakdowns... it's not something I'm proud of.

It's just the fact that I don't have the courage to cross the five feet separating us to have a conversation with the beaut, so I found a loophole in the situation; find an excuse to talk to her, an encouragement. And it was by stealing her laundry.

/already in love with this book, it should be really good and should make up for the trashiness of my previous book...

ok seriously I hope you enjoy, I wrote this months ago and have been working my god forsaken ASS off with it...hope you love it as much as I do. merry Christmas.