{1: Mood}

{1: Mood}

Without Hinata, no one can bring themselves to smile... Not even Suga or Nishinoya, the two most cheerful members of Karasuno's volleyball team can bring themselves to smile. The whole team has changed drastically; with one member seeming to have turned into a different person entirely.

Kageyama Tobio has become even moodier than usual. He has become easily irritable. His unusually short temper frequently gets the better of him. Kageyama displays his aggression in many ways, with the main way being through playing volleyball. During one practice, he served a volleyball so hard that it created a hole in one of the gym walls. The team is often left to watch Kageyama with worried expressions. What kind of intense emotion will Kageyama display next?

Kageyama, who once had been talkative around his teammates, has become withdrawn. He speaks very little, so little that one might forget the sound of his voice. The sound of his voice may be forgettable, but the sound of his crying never will.

Kageyama cries more frequently. He cries in front of others more often. He has cried at many times throughout the day... He has cried during morning practice, during lunch, during classes, during afternoon practice, and when he walks home. Suga, who had once stopped by Kageyama's home to check on the talented setter, has even found him crying in his sleep.

WHACK

WHOOSH

THUD

Kageyama is in one of his angry moods... He is fiercely serving, and glaring at the ball as it lands with a quiet thud. He wishes that the ball would fly faster through the air, and hit the ground with a deafening thud. He needs a loud sound to drown out his thoughts, and his memories. He needs something to drown out the sound of Hinata's voice.

"WAHHHHHHHHH, that was cool!" Hinata yells upon seeing Nishinoya's 'Rolling Thunder' save. Kageyama failed to see what was so special about it. So Nishinoya rolled on the ground like a character from a lame ninja movie, so what? "Did you see that, Kageyama?" Hinata turns to face him. Kageyama is surprised to find Hinata sparkly eyed, with a large smile upon his face. "It was all like WHACK and WHOOSH and THUD!" Hinata excitedly waves his arms about, and the action reminds Kageyama of a baby bird trying to fly.

WHACK

Kageyama's hand connects with the ball.

WHOOSH

The ball flies through the air, but fails to go over the net.

THUD

The ball lands on his side of the net, and soon rolls back and stops at his sneakered feet. Kageyama's vision begins to blur as he recalls a conversation he had with Hinata.

"Why are you wearing old sneakers?" Kageyama asks the orange haired ball of energy that has gone chasing after the ball that he failed to serve. Tucking the ball under his left arm, Hinata jogs back to the suddenly curious Kageyama.

"They're not old; they're just full of memories!" Hinata says, defending his stained and scratched sneakers.

"More like they're full of holes," Kageyama responds, continuing to stare at Hinata's sneakers. His sneakers must not have much traction left... Kageyama hates to admit it, but he is worried about Hinata. What if he fell and twisted his ankle? What would the team do without Hinata, the only spiker that is able to spike one of his tosses at full speed? What would HE do without Hinata, the only person that makes him feel nervous and calm all at the same time?

Kageyama can't help but wonder how Hinata would react if he were to see his sneakers. His sneakers are in a worse condition than Hinata's. Both of his sneakers have so many holes that one might think Kageyama tied Swiss cheese to his feet. Also, they both had so many scratches that one might think Kageyama went on a walk through barbed wire. The countless scratches make it nearly impossible to read the words that were written on his left sneaker.

"You're just jealous that your sneakers don't have as many memories as mine!" Hinata responds, suddenly crouching in front of Kageyama.

"Oi! What are you doing?" Kageyama shouts, both surprised and also delighted by the fact that he now has a front row view of Hinata's muscular back. Kageyama is surprised by just how much muscle is visible through Hinata's shirt. Who knew that someone so short could have so much muscle?

"Done!" Hinata exclaims to a furiously blushing Kageyama. When Hinata first stood up, his face was mere inches away from Kageyama's.

"Idiot, what did you do?" Kageyama asks, trapping Hinata in a headlock. Kageyama furiously ruffles Hinata's silky hair until the boy explains himself.

"Hinata was here," Kageyama reads out loud, and his heart begins ache as he gazes at Hinata's faded and messy handwriting. The idiot could barely even write his own name in a readable font. "Hinata was here..." Kageyama hastily wipes his tears away, and takes a deep breath. His mood has changed once again. He has gone from feeling sad to feeling numb. "Hinata was..." he begins to say, and mentally finishes his sentence by thinking, 'the only reason I smiled.'