Ch.1: Meet the Family

~:----------------------------------------------------------------:~

Hmmmm. The breeze blew my hair across my face and I brushed it away as I stared up at the mansion in front of me. Why am I here again? Oh yeah! Because my parents ran off and abandoned me without a single goodbye! I have been living by myself in that apartment for about a year now and apparently my frickin nosy neighbor called child services! NOW look at me! I'm standing here, staring at a house that might just be able to eat Donald Trump's house for breakfast, with my jaw open like an idiot! PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!

SHUT UP BRAIN! Let me HANDLE this! Although I wasn't entirely sure how to approach this. The cab had just dropped me off with all my belongings packed into three suitcases and the service people told me I was going to be staying with some 'old family friends.' Pfft. Whatever. I'll probably lock myself in my room- pardon me, the room they GIVE me- and die in there. I'm sure they won't notice. The social services guy had mentioned they had sons but didn't go into any details at all. So basically I was waiting to be taken in by total strangers. Yay me! (note the sarcasm.)

I gripped my hat as another winter breeze blew small flakes of snow into my face. Perfect, now it's snowing. Well, I guess this is it. What are you waiting for? Knock on the door!

I thought I told you to shut up!? I sighed. Great now I'm yelling at myself. Okay here goes. I took a deep breath and dragged my bags over to the shelter of their Colosseum-like entrance. I knocked lightly. "Hello?" I called weakly. Well, they're not here. Oh well! Let's go home!

You don't have a home anymore, remember? My brain reminded me as I turned to leave. I sighed.

You're a real jerk, you know that!? I yelled at my head. Yep, I'm officially crazy.

Shut up and knock on the door. I growled internally and turned back to the door. This time I pounded loudly on the door. "HELLO!?" I called at the top of my lungs, the wind carried my voice away like dust. I braced myself against the cold, my nose burning with chill. God, I can't wait for winter to be over in a few weeks. I lifted my fist to knock again, losing my patience, when suddenly the door swung open. "Agghh!" My fist hit air and I fell into the home. Two delicate arms caught me before I could smash into the ground. I had been a klutz since I was in grade school and my parents thought I would grow out of it. Now that I was seventeen and still barely avoiding death everyday, I had come to the conclusion I would never grow out of it. I stood up and brushed the snow off of me.

"You must be Rebecca! Hi! Oh my gosh, you must be freezing! Here bring your bags in and shut the door! Oh you're even more beautiful than the last time I saw you!" I looked up at the gorgeous blonde woman standing in front of me. She looked to be about 30 and she was tall and slender. Man I wish I looked like her! I had wavy brown hair and light blue eyes. I guess I was okay, but my eyes weren't nearly as pretty as her amazing sky blue eyes. My blue eyes looked dull compared to her bright sparkling irises. I wonder what her sons look like... I shook my head as I realized she was waiting for me to reply.

"Oh-uh yeah! Hi, I'm Rebecca Hart. Sorry about the snow." I dragged my bags in and slammed the door against the cold wind.

"BOYS! GET DOWN HERE NOW!" I jumped as the lady screamed at invisible people. "Sorry, my sons are a bit lazy. Oh, by the way! You probably don't remember me, you just a baby when I met you, I'm Dianna Morrison, but you just call me Diane okay?" I nodded, stunned by the immense house that stretched out in front of me.

"Sure thing Mrs.- I mean Diane." I studied my surroundings with awe. Everything was so beautifully designed with marble or gorgeous. expensive looking furniture. I was interrupted in my admiring by another loud outburst from Mrs.- Er, Diane. Whoa that's going to take some getting used to.