Ch.5 You're not a Monster

I woke up to a feeling in my chest and I think Lucas' heartbeat. I use the bathroom and brushed my teeth with his toothbrush, when I looked at myself in the mirror, I almost screamed at what I saw. I had wolf ears and a wolf tail, vampire fangs, demon wings, and my eyes were of four colors, gold, red, silver, and purple. That's when I heard it, my heartbeat.

"Eva?" I turned to see Lucas shocked.

"Hey."  I said awkwardly.

"Is that your true form." I looked back at the mirror and sighed.

"Yeah, I've only seen it once when I was 5." He hugged me from behind and kissed my neck.

"You're beautiful." My breath caught as my eyes widened at what he said.

"I'm a monster, why aren't you rejecting me." my voice trembled as tears fell for my  eyes.

"You're many things: brave, smart, curious, stubborn, a smart ass-" I chuckled at that. "- straightforward, protective, a fighter, and a survivor, but a monster is not one of them." He turned me around and wiped my tears with his thumb. 

"I'm hungry." He froze and then laughed at my change of subject.

"Come on then." He took my hand and took me down stairs to a dining room that was bigger then my whole house.

"So this is what a castle looks like from the inside."

"Well, most of it anyway. I always got lost in here when I was little."

"That big, huh." I knew castles were big, but this is ridiculous.

"It is the largest to have ever been built."

"That makes since, so  where's the kitchen."

"Why?" ah princes.

"So I can make something to eat." He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Set down at the table, the servants well bring the food out."

"I prefer to make my own food." 

"Why?" God now I remember why I hated royalty.

"You'll have to forgive my son as he dosen't know of commoners ways." Queen Elizabeth said as she entered the dining room."You must be one of the new workers here. You should have asked one of the servants to show you around not my idiot of a son, also you shouldn't be wearing such things to work." Can I please kill her and her stupid smile.

"Mother she's not a servant, she's my mate." Her eyes widen as my narrow in a predatory way.

"I apologize as my son has not told me of you yet." I feel my fangs acking and it took everything in me  not to eat her. I noded and ran outside to the woods. I hunted until noon leaving the woods covered in blood. I could hear people coming my way.

"Eva what happened to you." Lucas asked when he saw me.

"I hunted." It was all I could say as I looked at him. I could never hurt him, but the same can't be said for others.  Alexandra came up to me as more people came.

"You must be tied-"

"I am not." I interrupted him and stood up to leave.  

"Eva, be a good girl and sleep." Be a good girl and the experiments will over soon. I fell to my knees as I remembered being experimented on.  

"Please, stop it." tears fell as the memories came back. 

"Eva?" Lucas stepped to me.

"Stay away from me." He looked hurt, but I knew better than to allow him near me. "Stop it! Please! I'll be a good girl just please, no more." Lucas held me close to him and the memories stopped playing.

"Its okay, you're safe now." I looked up at him and smiled as tears fell from my eyes.

"I told you I was monster, didn't I ?" He kissed my lips and held me closer.

"You're not a monster no matter what anyone says. You'll never be a monster in my eyes." I fell asleep in his arms, happy with what he said, but I knew that I was a monster.