Chapter 1

"MOM..." I cried myself out silently while looking at her grave. Even though most of the people who attended the burial already went home, I just can't leave.

She loved and took care of me for 16 years...

But now, my mom's gone...

"Hey." Someone stood beside me and offered his hanky. I stared at his hand and then on his face. He smiled a little. Did I just feel something weird? Maybe my heart can tell...

"Thanks." I bit my lower lip after wiping my tears as I saw him putting both of his hands on his pocket. I'm glad that I felt relief beside him...

"Sei asked me to take you home." He said out of the blue that made my brows furrowed. So he knows my brother? As if on cue, he chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "By the way, I'm Brix. Your brother's friend."

"BRIX naman eh!" I don't know what to do with him anymore. Why can't he see me as more than just a friend?! I want him to notice me differently!

Pasimple akong dumikit sakanya at humawak sa kanyang braso. Muscles!

"What?" He lazily asked after checking out his phone. Whatever. I know that there's something going on between him and my friend. Moira.

"Bakit ayaw mong sabihin sakin kung kayo na ni Moira?" Pinilit kong itago ang bahid ng pagtatampo saking boses for I don't have the right to. Wala rin akong karapatang magselos.

"Sinabi kong wala di'ba? Hindi pa kami so stop nagging me, Eli." I secretly smiled after hearing him called me in that kind of endearment. Eli. He's the only one who calls me that at ayoko na ring marinig pa ulit iyon galing sa iba. Gusto ko sa kanya lang.

"You know that I love you," He raised an eyebrow. "Both."

"Yup. And that you don't want me and Moira to end up hurting each other."

"Exactly! So please, iwasan mo na lang siya." I pouted my lips but he just smiled at me and flicked my forehead. Ouch!

"Why don't you help me, instead?" Ako naman ang napataas ng kilay. "Tulungan mo akong mapasagot si Moira."

"HOW many times do I need to tell you that I like Moira, Elizabeth!" He was so furious when he got to know that I sabotaged his plan on surprising Moira.

"But you can like me instead! Bakit siya pa?!"

I only did this because my bestfriend, Moira, was able to hide their relationship from me for two years too! She's a bitch! I told her about my feelings for Brix first but she betrayed me and did this behind my back!

She can never get away from this!

"Moira is already my girlfriend for pete's sake! Why can't you get it?"

"Because I love you!"

"But I don't!"

In annoyance, I grabbed his nape and kissed him fully on his lips. He then pushed me away but before he could even make a step, he already lost his balance and consciousness.

My decision is final. I'll do whatever it takes just to have him in my arms.

Nagawa kong lagyan ng pampatulog ang kanyang inumin at ngayo'y wala ng balikan pa. Itutuloy ko ito.