Chapter 15

I stay in my room for most of the weekend. Nathan tries calling me for a few times, but I didn't want to talk to him.

Normally I didn't like going to school on Mondays, but today I didn't care. I just wanted to get away from home, avoiding my mother and sister. Although I knew today I wouldn't be able to avoid Nathan, even if I could all weekend. I knew he will question me about Saturday, wondering why I suddenly freaked out. I could tell him. He wouldn't understand if I tell him. I will be spending tonight with him also. I might as well get used to seeing him around today.

I stand at my locker, grabbing what I need for my morning classes. I grab my sketch book for Visual Arts and notebook for German. Ugh, German. I really do not feel like going to class today.

I spot Nathan approaching me from the corner of my eye. I pretend I don't see him, and continue to stare inside my locker, trying to think of what else I need for class.

"Are you interested in seeing Hurricane live?" Nathan asks me as he stands beside me.

I turn to look at him, staring at the two concert tickets in his hands, before looking back at Nathan's pleading eyes, wanting me to say yes. Is he crazy for talking to me right here? What if people hear our conservation? "Are you seriously taking me to a Hurricane concert?"

Hurricane is a Canadian punk rock band that is touring our country at the moment. They have a show on tonight. I have listen to their music a couple of times and it's not all that bad, but I'm not fully into their music. I don't really like them or any band at all.

I don't understand why Nathan would want to take me out on my first date to a lousy rock concert. That's not even a date for crying out loud! He could at least take me out to a nice restaurant. But no, he has to take me to a stupid Hurricane concert. Great, please remind me again why I had allowed this jerk to take me out on a date if I knew he was going to take me to a concert? Does that even count as a date?

What if I have another panic attack if I try to have fun?

"Look, I know a concert is not exactly a great place to go out on a date," Nathan tells me, "but I really want to see them live. My elder brother was supposed to go with me, but he bailed out a couple of days ago and I don't want to go to this alone."

I sigh. "Okay, fine. I will go. Now get out of here before someone sees you talking to me."

Nathan promises to pick me up around five thirty. The concert starts at seven, and he wanted to get to the concert hall early for a good parking spot, and to beat peak hour traffic.

Just as he turns to leave, he turns back to me.

"Oh, just one more thing," he says.

I roll my eyes. "What?"

"I want to know what happened on Saturday. Why did you suddenly freaked out?"

"I don't know. I just did. Now go before someone sees us."

This time he leaves. I watch him disappear down the corridor until I can no longer see him. I look around me. No one seems to have taken notice of us talking to each other.

 I think about tonight. I guess the concert will be okay to see, just as long as I give it a chance. I have never been to a concert before. It might be good... Wait, what am I saying? Why am I saying that the concert will be good? Maybe this isn't a very good idea for me to go out with Nathan. I think something is happening to my mind.

"So, what was Nathan talking to you about?"

I jump at the sound of my sister's voice, snapping me out of my daydream. I turn to her, clutching my sketch book to my chest. "It's none of your business."