Chapter 1

//Who is she?//

Lauren's POV
The loud blare of music hit my ears roughly as I tossed in my bed quickly grabbing my phone and hitting snooze.
"Fuck" I cursed under my breath as I pulled myself out of the blankets.

I walked slowly and lifelessly to the bathroom, running my hands through my hair before stripping down and grabbing a wash cloth.

After taking a short shower, that woke me up very appropriately, I climbed out and dried my hair.

I checked myself in the mirror staring at myself contently, my dark hair and dark eyes staring back myself.

A smile crept onto my lips that soon disappeared when I was interrupted by Anthony.
"Lauren!!! I'm leaving out there are pop tarts in the cabinet, go to school and have a good first day!!" And with that the door slammed shut.

Home alone, just like every morning.

Anthony is my older brother, he is 23, I live with him & him only.

When I was 13 I left Virginia with him in pursuit to live a 'cool teenager life' as for him, he was 19 and looking toward making his band sky rocket into stardom (which it has yet to do)

Anyway long story short, me and my brother live off of his small income from his late night band gigs and my income from my job at the ice cream parlor, being able to pay for a small 2 story home.

I finished doing my hair and exited to my bedroom, going straight to the closet and rummaging through to find an outfit.

Unlike most teenage girls on the first day of school, I didn't care much for going out of my way to find a 'perfect outfit'
I settled on black skinny jeans and a sleeping with sirens tee shirt, and afterward did a bit makeup to set it off.

When finished and slightly pleased I proceeded down the stairs to the kitchen, grabbing pop tarts and leaving to my car.

I entered my car plugging my phone into the aux cord and starting to play my music.

The drive to the dreaded building (school) was only 7 minutes.

When I reached the building the bell sounded as I pulled into a parking spot, I watched carefully from my car as all the kids piled in through the front doors.

I took my time, gathering my things, putting in my earphones and exiting toward the school, by this time first period had already begun.

I walked in through the door into the empty hallways, pulling out my slip of paper and reading off my information.
Locker #678 I looked around counting off my numbers and finding it fairly far away from the front entrance.

After pushing my lunch into the locker I closed it and headed back down the hall to my language arts class.
A boring class to start off the day.

When I entered all eyes were on me,
I pulled out my earphones and tucked them away in my back pocket, looking to my teacher expectantly.
"And you are?" She asked, her voice coming out lifeless and a bit irritated.

I smiled a toothless grin and exhaled softly.
"Lauren moss"
My eyes scanned the classroom finding a few of my friends in the back of the room.

"Oh yes, ms.moss would you care to explain why you're late?" She asked tapping her foot against the tile floor.
I shook my head quickly.

"Well, don't be late again. And your seat is in the back row next to ms.gunn" she pointed to Lynn in the back which caused a smirk to form on my lips.
"Your word is mine" I smiled to the emotionless teacher and headed to the back pushing my things into the small desk and plopping down into my seat.