Chapter 6

Lauren's pov
"Andrew?" I repeated.
Tay nodded her head slowly.
"How do you know Andrew? Andrew kelter?"
Tay fiddled with her fingers in her lap as she shook her head, "I don't know I just do. How do you know him?"

I laughed to myself and shook my head as well continuing down the road.
"We have a past"

"That doesn't sound too good" Tay raised her eyebrows as we pulled up to a red light.
"He's not a good kid" I turned to her and stared into her eyes.

"You shouldn't get into kids like him, he's bad news Tay I'm not kidding" I managed out before directing my attention to the now green light.

"You shouldn't judge a book by its cover" she mumbled out reaching for the stereo.
I quickly smacked her hand away and stared at her intensely.

"I know Andrew, okay? I shouldn't even be driving you to his house. Your lucky I am. I'm not judging by the cover Taylor I know what he's done, what he's capable of"

"You're making it more than it needs to be" she sighed loudly slumping down in her seat.

"Am i" I chuckled to myself before turning up the stereo and turning to the pop station.

Cheesy pop songs filled the car tuning out Tay's numerous sighs and flustered noises.

We slowly pulled into Andrew's drive way and I turned to her.
"I'm coming in" I stated.

"No, you're not. Stay here." She tried to look serious but she still held an adorable puppy face.

I laughed coldly, "I'm not staying in this fucking car Taylor I'm coming inside with you"

She shook her head and opened up the car door getting out and slamming it behind her.
I did the same, catching up to her and grabbing her wrist.
"What the hell is wrong with you?"

She yanked her wrist free and stared at my coldly "I just got out the fucking police department, my friend was murdered, and they think it was me. I'm sorry okay? Damn lay off." She muttered the last part before knocking on the door.

After a couple seconds of awkward waiting, the door flew open. Revealing a golden haired boy, who wore no shirt showing off his sleeves of tattoos, along with many on his chest & hips, and ripped light blue jeans that sagged down revealing his boxers.

A boy I was all too familiar with.

A boy who Tay should not consider her friend.

"Tay!" His voice came out husky as he engulfed her into a tight hug.
He then turned to me and examined me before squinting his eyes.
"Lars?" He asked, "long time no see"

"Don't call me that" I snapped.
"Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows.
"Only my friends call me Lars"

He rolled his eyes and escorted us into his living room.
I sat down on the couch and watched as Tay & Andrew both disappeared up the stairs.

A flood of memories came flying back to me.
The games.
The conversations.
The smiles.
The hugs.
The party.
Oh the party.

I tried so hard to forget it.
Forget it ever happened, forget we ever happened.
And now I'm sitting on his couch.

Time passes, 15 minutes waiting on the couch.
I decided to look around, examining the rooms, the pictures.
One picture stood out.

It was a picture of me and Andrew.
His arm slung around my shoulder, my smile priceless.
Why does he still have this?

I decided to go check on them to see if everything was okay, it had been a while.

I walked slowly up the stairs, down the hall to Andrew's room. The door was slightly cracked and I decided it'd be okay to open it.

I pushed it open and saw them.
Tay pushed against the wall and Andrew kissed on her neck.

When they saw me they stopped instantly.
"Lars" Andrew dropped Tay out of his arms & scratched the back of his neck.
"Save it Andrew, come on Tay we're leaving" I looked at her flustered face.
"Lauren you can't jus-"
"Tay come on, I said we're leaving"

"You're not my mom" she lifted her eyebrow as her eyes darkened & Andrew stood awkwardly behind her.

"No I'm not- if I was I wouldn't let people like him feel you up & kiss on you like that" I glance over at Andrew.
"You don't know him" Taylor shook her head shifting her weight onto one foot.

"I know more about him than you fucking do Taylor" I shouted, "you don't know what he's done, if you did you wouldn't be here right now"
"What the fuck are you talking about Lauren, you're crazy" Taylor looks at me with disgust.

I shake my head and begin to pace the floor.
"You didn't tell her did you" I look at Andrew, his eyes are pleading me not to spill, "Andrew if you don't tell her I will"

"Tell me what?" Taylor looks at Andrew with desperation now, her eyes softening.
She looks a bit hurt & I decided it's not worth telling her right now.
Not like this.

"Come on Taylor we're leaving" I finally say.
"Tell me what?" She asks again looking from me to Andrew & back again.

Andrew shakes his head.
"You should listen to Lauren" he manages out through his lips that are set in a straight line as he runs his hand through his long hair.
"Andrew?" She asks, her voice cracking & her eyes looking so hurt that it hits me in the stomach.

"Come on Taylor" I mumble, "I'm your ride home, I'm sure as hell not letting him drive you"
Her eyes scan him for a few seconds before she's speeding past me & down the stairs.

"Fucking swine" I laugh over at him before following after her & out the door.

I slide into the front seat & peer over at Taylor who is looking out the window so I can't see her face.
"I'm sorry but-"
"Take me home Lauren, you've said enough"

I pause, ready to back myself up but I decide against it, staring the car & pulling out of the driveway.

The car is silent except for Taylor's heavy breaths & the sounds of the tires against the pavement.

I reach for the radio, turning on my CD player.
Quietly Tyler Joseph's voice rings through the speakers 'truce' beginning to play.

I nod my head & hum along softly.

"I'm sorry Taylor. I just- I'm looking out for you. Andrew- he's a juvenile delinquent. Crazy" I finally break the silence.
"And what does that make you" Taylor hums against the window, still not looking at me.

I sigh loudly.
"I don't know"