Chapter 2

//what'd you say?//

Lauren's pov
"Have a fun class" Jenna winked at me and sent me on my way to science.
Which Tay happened to have with me.

We filled our walk with small talk and laughs until we walked into the empty classroom.
A chill came over me as I entered.
I walked to the back of the room, tays footsteps lingering behind me.

A small whisper pecked at my ear causing me to spin around and look at her with frightened eyes.
"What'd you say?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked to her sternly.
"What?" She looked to me with the same confusion in her voice.

"I- I thought you said something" I mumbled and took a seat in the back, "I guess it was just in my head"
She nodded and took the seat next to me.

"Are you familiar with any of the teachers that you have?" She asked, her voice coming out in the most perfect tone that wasn't high pitched, but not deep.
Her words making me melt in my seat.
"N-no, just as familiar as you are" I explained with a shrug.
She nodded her head slowly as the bell rang and all the kids piled in.

My eyes lingered on the teacher that walked slowly into the room, his short black hair spiked up slightly, his light eyes staring straight through me.

It was as if his eyes were only set on me.
He was young, no doubt about it.
Maybe 26?
It didn't matter, he had an eerie feel about him.

As soon as he began to speak, his voice came out in a chilling manner.
"This guys kind of weird right?" I looked to Tay, her eyes were glued to him.

She shrugged lightly, "I don't know him..can't be the one to judge"
I nodded in response and redirected my eyes to him again.
His light orbs still glued to me.

"My name is mr.andrews" he managed out before walking to his desk, "I'm going to take attendance"

He began to call out names before the intercom beeped on.
"Mr.andrews?" The office called.
"Yes" he responded flatly.
"Can you tell ms.moss to come down to the counseling department" they asked sweetly.
"Will do" he responded before it shut off and all eyes went to me.

"Who is ms.moss?" He called to the class, his eyes scanning the seats.
I raised my hand hesitantly.

He looked to me and smiled, "the office wants you"
I nodded and stood from my seat, gathering my things and heading to the door.

"I haven't gotten to your name yet, and you haven't said here. Should I just mark you absent?" He asked with a chilling chuckle.
I returned the smirk and shook my head playfully before exiting into the empty hallways.

No doubt in my head that this guy is weird, bizarre, but I've got other things to think about.
Like why I was being called down to the office.

I entered the office quietly making my way to mr.temprè's office.
"Hello?" I questioned standing at the doorway.
This was not my first time being here, yes, sometimes I can be a bad person but, I didn't do anything bad yet.

"Ms.moss, please come inside" he beckoned for me.
I walked in slowly, taking the seat across from him.
He looked at me with hurt eyes, his hands loosely locked on his desk.

"Ms.moss, your father called the school, he was speaking of your mother. She is desperately ill, sickly. He requested you call him back immediately" he explained lowly.

I nodded my head solemnly.

Ever since a year after Anthony and I moved out to California, my mom had gotten sickly.
Cancerous cells eating her alive, for a while it caused me and Anthony to want to move back out there.

But here I was, sitting with my principle, speaking of my sickly mother.
"Oh okay" I replied with a sad smile.

"If you need you can use my pho-" he gestured to the phone sitting on his desk.
"No, I'm fine it's- I'll just get back to class"

I managed my way out of the office into the hallway, to my locker, grabbed my things and out the door I was.
After pulling out my phone I dialed my fathers number.
"Dad?"
"Baby, you called."
"Yeah well- mom" I mumbled kicking a few rocks as I walked to my car.

"She's not doing very well honey" he sighs loudly causing my eyes to tear up.
"Can you put her on the phone"
"She- she's in what you and I would call a coma. She can't speak, move, even blink. She- she's not doing very good honey" his voice cracked at the end, making my heart skip a beat.

"Dad, can she hear?"
"Yes, that's one thing she can do baby, she can hear everything"
"Please put her on speaker, so she can hear me" I sighed getting into my car.

"Oh yeah, yeah okay- babe, this is Lauren on the phone she wants to talk to you" he spoke to my mother causing a stream of water to fall from my eye.

"Mom, I love you mom. I'm so sorry I'm not there- out there right by your side. I love you so much, you're so strong" I sighed feeling my eyes well up.
My heart beginning to sink slowly.

"I miss you so much- I. I just want you to know I'm thinking about you. And I know you'll beat this" I let some tears fall before wiping them vigorously and sniffing in the contents from my nose.

"Alright dad. I love you too. Good bye" I clicked the hang up button before he could hear me like that.

I shoved the key into the ignition and started up the car ripping out of the parking lot.

I drove home (which like a I stated before is not a very long drive)
And as soon as I got there I got out the car, swinging my backpack strap over my shoulder and making my way to the door.

I unlocked the door and entered the house breathing in the scent and shedding my backpack off my shoulder at the door.

I walked to the kitchen, opening the cabinet and searching for the cookies.

"Lars?" A voice croaked from behind.
I slowly spun around to find Anthony, his dark hair quiffed up and his eyebrows knit tightly together.

"Anthony." I sighed and walked to him embracing him into my arms, "I wish we could be there with her right now"

His held me tightly and hummed in agreement.
"She's strong, you know that-"
"But that doesn't matter, you know what cancer does to people. People strong, people weak- you know what it's capable of" I could feel tears well up in my eyes.

I pulled away and sighed loudly wiping my tears away.
"She'll be okay" he again said and went to the freezer, "why are you home so early?"

I shrugged my shoulders plopping down onto the couch.
"I couldn't stay in the hell hole knowing mom wasn't okay" I explained with a shrug again.
"Fair enough" He laughed and joined me on the couch.

"And what about you, why are you home? I thought you had like 'band stuff' to do?" I looked to him with the same confused look.
"Mark is dealing with selling the album to stores right now, and that leaves the rest of us to chill" he too shrugged.

"Fair enough" I mocked him and looked to the screen.

The screen played a movie.
A scary movie.
"Oh god, scary movie" I managed out before grabbing the remote and turning.
"Lars!" Anthony whined attempting to steal the remote back.
"No! You know I can't tolerate anything..creepy" I glared to him and settled on spongebob, resting the remote in between my legs.

"What a baby" he muttered under his breath kicking his legs up and crossing his arms, "and what do you want for dinner tonight?"
"Ugh, why don't we just go out to pizza" I suggested.
"Go out? Not order?"
"If that's fine with you" I twiddled with my fingers.

He persistently nodded his head, "no! You never wanna leave the house, let's go. Número unos?"
I nodded in response and watched as his smile grew large across his face.

"Alright"