Chapter 3

//it's so clear out here//

Lauren's pov
We sat in the car, my ears filled with some of Anthony's music, mainly consisting of twenty one pilots, neck deep, and bring be the horizon.

We slowly pulled up to the Italian restaurant and exited the car.
"Back seat?" Anthony asked as we entered the sweet smelling shop.
"Back seat" I repeated in agreement.

It's safe to say that Anthony is my best friend.
Yes, he is annoying sometimes, dorky, repulsive, and dirty. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he's the best biggest brother ever.
And he's got a killer voice.

We walked to the back seat sliding into the booth.
If it were any other day then I'd pull out my phone and stare at it until the waiter came to take my order, but today wasn't any other day.

I looked to Anthony with a soft smile and opened my mouth to speak.
"Are you guys working on any covers?" I asked referring to his band (he loves when I ask about the band)

He nodded his head yes and began to speak about his video he was working on.
"Oh yes, we're doing semi-automatic" he smiled a bright smile with deep dimples, "Martha is working on the drum audio separately"

I nodded my head and sighed.
"This place reminds me of 8th grade" I shuddered as he giggled from his side of the table.
"That time you spilled the tomato sauce all over yourself?"
I nodded my head containing my laughter.
"That shit smelt bad for days!" I held my sides from the aching of my laughing.

We watched as the waiter approached, his eyes glossy and filled with excitement.
"Hello, how are you doing today?"
He asked as he pulled out his notepad.
I looked to Anthony with a shrug, "not too bad"

"Alright, I'll start you off with drinks. What would you like?" He asked as he stared intensely into my eyes, his excited and glossy eyes.
"Um, root beer please." He nodded as he wrote it down into his notepad and now looked to Anthony.

"Can I have a..Shirley temple please?" Anthony asked patiently smiling his charming smile.
The waiter wrote that down and smiled back to Anthony.
With a nod and big smile, "yes, I'll be back with your drinks"

I nodded my head and looked to Anthony.
"Who sings semi-automatic again?" I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Uh twenty one pilots, duh" he rolled his eyes, "it's like one of my favorite songs"

I nodded my head silently as my eyes lingered toward the tv playing in the corner.
It played a football game, the Giants & the Falcons.
My eyes stayed on the tv for a bit before the lights in the restaurant started to flicker.

My eyes went to Anthony who held a confused face.
I too looked at him with a confused look.
"I don't know" he finally said before my eyes went back to the tv screen.

The Falcons getting a touchdown causing a man in the seats ahead of us to let out a shriek of excitement.

I looked back to Anthony.
"My money is on the Falcons" I finally exclaimed with a smirk, although the Giants were winning by 14.
He shook his head "not a chance Lars, Julio jones can't take this game"

I laughed out loud as our drinks were placed down in front of us.
"Here are your drinks" the waiter placed them down and stood back up with a smile and a notepad in hand, "are you guys ready to order?"
Anthony nodded and opened his mouth to speak.