Prologue

Prologue

There are always questions floating around asking why Kirstie and I aren't as close as we used to be.
     In any interview or spree-cast we'd tell you that we're closer than ever but that'd be a lie. We say it anyway, hug and move on. Hugging her these days is probably the most awkward thing ever, just sitting next to her can be uncomfortable. She needs her space she says, well I've got news for her: five of us on one couch she's not getting her space.
     We act like everything is fine when it's clearly not and the fans are starting to catch on.
Kirstie's not just distancing herself from me, but from the other guys too, yes even Scott and Mitch who are supposed to be her best friends.
     I have a one word answer to the start of the entire problem: Jeremy.
     He's also pretty much the reason that what's about to happen now, as Kirstie storms in with a grumpy Scott close behind her, happens at all...

"I'm calling time!" Kirstie announces. Kevin, Mitch and I look up from our phones, coming out of our own little worlds, because that's just how it is now.
     "What?" Mitch asks.
     "She lost me when she yelled at me out there," Scott rolls his eyes.
     "Oh my god Scott!" Kirstie starts and Kevin winces at her choice of words. "Why do you always have to bring everything back around to you?!" she spins around to face him and he takes a step back. "You sing all the leads, you do all the talking, you always get the biggest say and Mitch always just agrees with you," she points in our direction at Mitch.
     He shrinks back a little, sliding down in his seat.
     "Then Kevin and Avi always team up," she glances over at us, leaving us with a dirty look, "And I'm always on my own, I never get a say! No one is ever on my side!"
     "That's not true Kirstie," Kevin tries.
     "Yes it is!"
     "No it's not," I say, "We listen to you a lot more than you listen to any of us," I stand up watching her roll her eyes.
     "See there you go, you two agreeing."
     "I'm agreeing with him because he's right. You're just over-reacting Kirstie."
     "Oh I'm over-reacting! Am I? Really? Well then how's this. I'm done; I am so done with this, with Pentatonix, with all of you."
     We all watch as she shoves past Scott, storming out of the studio.
     The funniest thing, none of us try to stop her.

A/N: Here's 'The Split'. This one is in Avi's point of view, I might need to give a few timeline pointers so you know when I started writing this because it makes more sense since there are a few contradiction before I completely throw everything out the window anyway. Basically I started writing this when Avi used to have his hair tied up all the time, before the original album came out and before Esther got married, and anything else that may have been happening in that time that I forgot to mention. It's not important for this chapter, but it might be later :)