Chapter 7

A/N: So Jess showed up, now what will Avi do... find out now :D

Chapter 7:

Kirstie leans forward in her seat at the sound of the name.
     "Oh my gosh, Jess hi!" she smiles standing up with Marcia, and walking over to us. Well now how screwed am I? This was exactly what I was trying to avoid. This is why I needed to leave.
     "Hey Kirstie," she replies with a half smile, half frown. I really hope she doesn't ask her what she's doing here. "Is she yours?" Jess asks, stepping forward and gesturing to Marcia.
     "Yeah," she nods, looking down at her daughter. At least Jess hadn't asked why Kirstie was there, although neither has Kirstie... Okay now I'm scared.
     "How old is she?"
     With a smile she replies, "Six months."
     "So cute!" she gushes, holding her finger out for Marcia to hold, "Name?"
     "Marcia."
     Jess nods slowly, looking up at Kirstie, "Interesting," she fake smiles, I knew she didn't like the name, but I thought Marcia was a nice name, what did Jess know anyway. "So what are you doing here Kirst? Last I heard you left a couple of years ago with... Jeremy? Was it?" she raises an eyebrow.
     "Yep, but he's gone, and now I'm back. Caught up with the boys and everythings how it should be now, well besides me being a mom, but you know I'm happy so. But I was wondering what you were doing here?"
     Shit.
    Jess's eyes narrow slightly, confusion I hope, I really hope. I should say something, what should I say?
     "I'm bringing over Avi's shirt for my dad's birthday party, I want him to look nice," she gives Kirstie a warm smile.
     "Oh, I forgot," I sigh, and they both turn to me before back to each other.
     "Why?" Kirstie asks.
     "Because he said he'd go."
     "Again, why?"
     Shit, shit, shit.
     I take a step backwards, the only one who notices is Marcia, her eyes watch me as I take another step back, and then another. She starts laughing, and the two women turn to her before they look over at me, now several steps away. I halt, wide eyed, what were they going to do? I might die. Mom I love you, dad too.
     "Avi, what's going on?" Kirstie asks slowly. Jess raises an eyebrow, obviously wanting to know the answer to the same question.
      "It's really very simple, but I think it's best if I just keep quiet," I nervously chuckle, my heart was beating so fast I thought it might thump out of my chest. What kind of guy was I? I'm a cheater and a liar, when did I become such a horrible person, I don't deserve either of them. Which is okay because neither of them are ever going to talk to me again after this.
     "Avi!" Jessica hisses, her volume raising.
     I look between them, they were both getting angry, I could see it, worst part is I'm not even sure they knew why they were angry yet, they might do but I still have that small shred of hope in me that they don't.
     It's in that moment that Kirstie's face softens, she must realise that I can't actually speak because I might shit myself. "Avi please explain what is going on here."
     "I'm so sorry," I manage to say. I watch Jess's face fall and Kirstie's eyes squeeze shut. "Kirstie, I've been dating Jessica since long before you came back." I then slowly turn to face Jessica, "I slept with Kirstie."
    She storms around the couch and I back into the wall in fear for my life. I tense as she raises her hand, but it still really hurts when her hand connects with my face, the slap ringing out across the room. Then Jess all but runs from the room, I didn't blame her, I didn't want to be in a room with me either.
     But Kirstie was still there. And Marcia, blissfully unaware Marcia.
     "Why?"
     I look down at the ground, "Because I'm stupid."
    "Yeah, no shit. But I can't believe you did that to her. If I'd have known-"
     I cut her off, "Kirstie if you had known we wouldn't have even been hanging out like we have been. You've never wanted to hang out with me when I dated someone, or when you were dating someone."
     "Avi that doesn't mean you lie to my face. I don't have a tolerance for this, you know that. You know how I feel about cheating and you made me a a part of it."
     "You kissed me first."
     "But you didn't stop it!" She yells and Marcia starts to cry. "We have to go now," she says, I can see the tears welling up in her eyes. "And leave if you want, we don't care."
      With that she walks out of the apartment. I don't stop her, not because I don't care, just like two years ago. I don't stop her because she'd hate me more if I did.

A/N: :(

See what happens Avi, see :(