Chapter 3

A/N: This part is longer, and it's my fave so far, enjoy this little surprise ;)

Chapter 3

I get a text from none other than Kirstie at about three in the morning. She was lucky that I hadn't gotten a new number, but I also wondered why she was up at three in the morning. Why was I up at three in the morning?
     She didn't answer the why she was up bit, but she did want to meet up and I thought well there's no harm in that so I agreed to it.
     I walked into the Starbucks the next day, a couple of blocks from my apartment. I spotted Kirsite almost immediately, remembering the dark hair and all. She'd picked a bad table though, one next to some lady that had her kid in a seat-case thing on the ground.
     Kirstie was looking down at the baby when I approach the table, then she looks at me. She immediately jumps up and reaches over the table to hug me. I'm unable to hug her back since she's just hugging me so tight and minorly cutting off my breathing.
     We both sit down and she keeps smiling at me, it was a little weird. But I tried to keep my own smile on my face.
     "So how are you? How's life?"
     I raise one eyebrow, "That's an incredibly broad question."
     She laughs then tries again, "How are you, and... what are you doing now? Are you seeing anyone? All that good stuff."
     "You just jump right in don't you," I chuckle, playing with the edge of the table. Why'd she have to ask the 'are you seeing anyone' question, how in the hell was I supposed to answer that?      "Um, I'm alright, working at a restaurant: Mountain View Barbeque, and... no," I say the last word slowly, possibly too slowly. Because you see if I don't chicken out the next time I see her then that answer will in fact be true.
     "And you don't elaborate," she smiles.
     "Nope," I shrug and look around a little. "So what about you."
     "Wellll," she starts off. "I'm doing pretty fantastic actually, a little tired sometimes, but you know it's to be expected. I'm not really doing much, a bit of part-time work at a preschool. The little kids are just so adorable, and yet none can compare."
     "No of course not," I smile and nod, I didn't know what she was comparing, but I decide to just roll with it.
     "And I'm single, which is why it's so weird to be doing so great. I mean that's weird isn't it?"
     Hold on. "Hold on." Did she just say she was single? "Did you just say you were single?" I lean forward a bit.
     "I guess that makes two of us," she smiles and leans in a little herself.
     I immediately lean back because I remember that I lied. But Kirstie was single, and well now everything just made sense.

We chat for a long while, just catching up, simple stuff. I don't tell her about Jess which is fair enough seeing as she didn't tell me about her own little shocker. I found out the difficult way.
     We're just talking when that baby starts crying.
     I pull up a superfrown that Kirstie bursts out laughing at.
     "Do you mind if we go for a walk?"
     "I could say the same to you, I mean your shoes, they're... yeah high," I chuckle.
     She smiles, "I think I'll manage."
     I nod getting up, not glancing back as she reaches down to pick up her handbag, I thought.
     I get outside and she's close behind me, and I swear the baby followed us, because its still just as loud.
     I turn and my eyes must go as wide as saucers when I see Kirstie carrying the baby-seat-case-thing.
     She looks up at me like nothing is different, or just completely wrong, like it is.
     "Kirst, is there something you didn't tell me?" I look down at the baby then back at her.
     "We need to go to the mall, they have a feeding place there. It's literally right across the road and I can't feed her in there, people don't like it," she shrugs.
     "Oh, right yeah," I nod and keep nodding as we walk, because holy shit Kirstie is a mom.

A/N: Boom! Kirstie's got a baby! Did you guys see that coming?? :o

I hope you liked it, I'll update at some point in the near future, hopefully sooner rather than later ;) But until then, please vote and comment and make my day in the process!

Hannah :)