Chapter 1

"Okay, kids, time for a trip to Tokyo!" Stan said excitedly. The twins were astounded. "Tokyo?" Dipper asked. "That's, like, the other side of the world!" Mabel asked why they would go there.
    "Because, you see, I'm... kinda banned in America as punishment for all those crimes I've committed. The name 'Stanley Pines' is a name that will get me kicked out of any place, and I'm not gonna keep changing my identity. The author of the journals, my brother, will pick you up at the end of summer. He'll take you two back to the shack, where your parents will be waiting for you. As for me, I'll be staying in Tokyo for a while. Or somewhere else. I don't know how long it'll be 'til I'm banned from Japan," the old man said. "I mean, I gotta get out of here before the real Stanford returns to the public. If I'm still here when that happens, I'll be thrown in jail."
    "Oh, right... So, you're taking us with you....why?" Mabel asked. Her great uncle replied, "Because I can't leave you two here alone with Ford. Nobody even knows he's here, and everyone thinks I'm him. So, technically speaking, everyone would think that you aren't living with a parent or guardian. Just doing my job as a Grunkle, taking my little niece and nephew on a trip across the world..."
    Everyone started getting ready to leave. Stanley went behind the vending machine, down the elevator, and into the room where his brother was working. "Listen, Stanford," he said. "I'm leaving America, you can have your house and your name back, and you're gonna bring Mabel and Dipper back here at the end of their vacation. Okay, Ford?"
    The room was silent for a moment. Stanford turned around. "Thank you, Stanley."
    "What? What are you talking about?" Stanley asked. Ford walked over to him and replied, "Thank you for spending so much time bringing me back here. For rebuilding the portal. For caring about me so much. I'm sorry I betrayed you. I left you alone when Dad threw you out of the house. I cared more about my own career than my brother's life. And then, I finally asked you to come to my house, only to tell you to lea-"
    Ford was now crying. So was Stanley. It was a surprise to both of them, and they barely ever saw each other cry. "H...high six?" Stanley asked.
    "High six," Stanford replied, as his hand touched his brother's.
    Saying goodbye was the hardest thing, mostly for Stan, because he might never return. The twins, though, they knew they might see them again, but not for a while. All the goodbyes shared the same thing, crying and hugging. After many tears, hugs, and exchanging of phone numbers and emails, they were all ready. All except for Dipper, who was saying one last goodbye. It was to Wendy.
    "Wendy, listen," Dipper said, trying not to cry. "I know you said you're too old for me and all that stuff, and you'll probably find someone better to be with, but I want you to know something. You're an amazing person. I love everything about you: your bravery, your laugh, your smile, your freckles, your style, your kindness, your long red hair...this list could go on forever. I most likely won't be able to hang out with you anymore this summer, but we'll probably meet again some other time. I just....I don't even know what to say." Dipper's face was now covered with tears. "I'm in love with you. I have been for the entire summer, ever since I met you. I don't want to leave you..."
    Wendy bent down and wiped away Dipper's tears. "Dude, it's not the end. You can still be in contact with me, and pretty much everyone in Gravity Falls. Did you forget about texting? And emailing? And calling? And facetiming? And also, you'll probably visit us some other summer. If not, I'll come visit you dudes, back in California, or wherever it is that you live. But until then, you can always text or call me or whatever." She hugged Dipper. They were both crying at this point, and so were all of their friends. It was time to leave Gravity Falls.
    After a minute, the two let go of each other, but before Wendy stood up, she leaned over and kissed Dipper on the cheek. This left him in a sort of smile. He was crying, but he had a little smile. That one kiss on the cheek made this day a little less depressing. "I'll miss you so much! Write me letters and all that stuff! Okay, dorks?" the redheaded teen yelled as she rode her bike away. "Okay!" Mabel sobbed. "Okay," Dipper whispered back as he watched the girl's long hair sway in the wind. "Okay."

Well, that turned out a lot sadder than I expected. Oops. Anyways, thanks for reading!