Don't Leave Me!

It's Friday. I am in the car and we're driving to dance class. "Get out of the car." Mom harshly told me. "I'm going." I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll you eyes at me." Mom shut the door behind her. "Mom, can you grab my dance bag?" Brooke patiently asked. "Yeah. Of course." Mom grabbed her dance bag. I'll just hold my own, it's ok. We walked inside and saw everyone else stretching.

I did the splits on the floor. Brooke wanted to one-up me, so she grabbed a chair and put one foot on the chair and one on the floor. "Paige, that's pathetic! Do something useful! Go practice your solo!" Gia ordered. I quickly stood up and walked into Studio B. It was empty. I started practicing my solo. I fell on my ankle when I was about to do my aerial. "Ow!" I screamed in pain. Maddie was the first to come in.

"What happened?" Maddie looked worried surprisingly. "I fell when I was doing my aerial!" I cried. "Is it broken?" Maddie questioned. "I don't know." I wiped tears from my eyes. "Let's go to Kelly." Maddie grabbed my arm and helped me up. Gia entered the room. "What now?" Gia questioned. "I fell." I tried to walk. Maddie was there to catch me when I was about to fall. Gia exited the room. She didn't even care.

In about 20 minutes we got up to where the moms stayed. "Paige, what happened?" Holly wondered. "I fell when I was doing my aerial." I informed them. "Oh, gosh, Paige. Maddie go practice your routines. I'll handle this." Mom rolled her eyes. She seemed mad that I fell. "Should we call an ambulance?" Melissa asked. "No, she's fine. She's just trying to get attention." Mom shook her head. Maddie sat me down and went downstairs to practice.

"No! I actually fell! Geez!" I cried. "Paige, stop crying! You're not a baby!" Mom demanded. "It hurts!" I whined. "Stop it!" Mom ordered. "You stop it! I just wanna dance!" My hand turned into a fist in an instant. Mom went downstairs. "I'm calling the ambulance." I grabbed my phone from my dance bag.

Guy: Hello, what is your emergency?
Paige: I fell on my ankle and I think I broke my foot.
Guy: Address?
Paige: Abby Lee Dance Company
Guy: We will be right over.

I hung up. "How do you fall on your ankle?" Christi questioned. "I was doing a side aerial and I slipped and fell directly on my ankle." I informed her. "Careless." Christi mumbled. The ambulance was outside. 4 men came  inside and  put me on a stretcher. "Hello, I talked to you on the phone. I'm Bob. Hold still, ok?" Bob told me. "Ok." I agreed. "Great job. You're doing great. Can you stretch your foot for me?" Bon asked. I attempted to do it. It hurt so bad I started crying even more. "No! I can't!" I cried. "Ok. It may be broken. Let's get you to the hospital, ok?" Bob smiled.

I was in the back of the ambulance. Usually someone came with you, but not this time. Mom didn't want to. Bob stayed with me in the back. Bob probably cared for me more than my actual family did. The doors opened. Bob and some others helped carry me out of the ambulance. They took me into the Emergency Room.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Starnes. I'll need to do an X-Ray." Doctor Starnes smiled. "O-ok." I sighed. They grabbed odd looking objects and placed them under my foot. Click! "Ok, we took a photo. We'll take you into Room A3. You will wait there until we know what the issue is." Doctor Starnes informed me.

It took them like 2 minutes to get me into my room. It had a tv. My mom came in, that was surprising. "Is she behaving?" Mom fixed her hair. "Yes, she's been great." Doctor Starnes answered. "I doubt it. I have to be here with Paige, when I could be watching Brooke dance. Ridiculous. Next time be careful." Mom sat on a stool. "That's a little rude, don't you think?" Doctor Starnes quietly said. "Excuse me?" Mom turned to face her.

"Nothing." Doctor Starnes walked out of the room. "I'm leaving. I shouldn't have come. You aren't a baby, you can take care of yourself." Mom stood up. "Brooke is older than me and she has people watching her!" I complained. "Stop it! At least Brooke isn't breaking her legs!" Mom retorted. "She's made mistakes!" I yelled. "The only mistake I see is you!" Mom shut the door behind her. "Please... Don't leave." I whispered. I'm a mistake.

"You're not a mistake." Doctor Starnes came in. She was eavesdropping. "Tell that to everyone else." I quietly said. "Sweetie, you seem like a great kid. If your mother doesn't realize that it's her loss." Doctor Starnes smiled. She walked out of the room. I'm alone, again.