Prolouge P1 (Connor)

(Dedicated to _Voix_) Who helped me edit this chapter to its current state, I truly thank him

"Run, Marisa" I called as more and more demons dropped through the rift. "Get James and go" As a demon lunged at me, I grabbed it by the neck and snapped it. "No, I will help you" She yelled as she took of her jacket, allowing her wings to spread, she then summoned her bow and began picking of the coming demons.

One lunged for her, but before I could get to it, their was already a arrow of light buried in the side of it's head."Damn" I called "You can't be stubborn at a time like this, there coming faster every minute, you need to get James and Jacob out of here"

"Where is Jacob?" I thought until I saw him engulfed in a horde of demons, wielding his side of the family heirloom, a sword named Et Qui Decapitate "Or the 'One who decapitates'. I also see his amulet glow and as his eyes turn red. He was just barely 12, but was handling that fighting like a champion, good thing I taught him the skills to use Et Qui Decapitate, which keep to it's namesake of decapitation.

I ran towards him, only to "be stopped by three demons. As they growled and showed fangs". This only proved to anger me. I willed 'Custo and Angelus' ,my two twin semi-auto pistols to appear in my hands. They appear from my two weapon tethers in the palms of my hands. The demons began their advance, and the first to come took a well placed bullet to the head.

The next that came lunged as I summoned my dagger"Nethersbane" from the tether on my wrist, a weapon knowingly dangerous to demons, including myself. The demon landed on me, I stabbed him through its chest and pulled it out to see it's ash-like blood cover my dagger.

It dropped to the ground and dissipated into a cloud of ash. The house was beginning to fall apart, as I heard the groaning of the burning wood. "We have got to get them out of here, before this whole place comes down," I thought.

"Then came a loud roar, followed by all the demons turning and staring to the sound's origin. There stood a demon, eight feet tall, with spikes protruding from its back. It's talons were the size of my dagger, with horns the size of a elk. All the demons ran towards it, lining up behind.

In that time I called for Jacob to come to my side. He came as I hugged him, happy, as he was unharmed. "What's going on dad?" he called from beside me. "I do not know; it cannot be something good, but whatever it is me and your mother can handle it" I said looking to Marisa. She still held James as he let out a small yawn.

The eight foot demon moved to the side as three cloaked figures came from behind him. The leader took off his hood revealing him to be Moloch, my demonic rival, and self-proclaimed 'King of all demons'.