New Beginnings P2 (James)

Dedicated to my bro Joseph_Leon_Coleman

The target,  wore a white stained t-shirt and sweat pants. As he pulled the children, we began to circle each other. "What the hell are you doing to those children?" I called out with my voice full of anger. As I began to take subtle steps closer. " Woah there, don't get any closer if you wouldn't like to see these kid's blood spread all of the black top, now would you?"He said with glee.

As I glared at him, I saw that the children had scrapes on their arm and cheeks. This only furthered my anger. Right as I began to back away,a small object whisked pace my face and plunged it self into the demons arm. "Ahhhh, what the fuck was that?!" He said holding his arm, looking at his ashen blood.

I took advantage of this pause as I ran towards him and grabbed the children from his now weakened grasp. "Run back to the school and lock the door until I come, OK?" They nodded eagerly and ran towards the orphanage.

"You will pay mortal, you will pay dearily for this!" Said the now fully transformed target. In his new form, he looked like an overgrown demonic warthog.

"This is going to be fun" I called as I summoned my blade, 'Fushizen'na no nayami no tane', its sleek katanna-like form emerged from the tether that resided on my back. I turned back to see that the demon had almost regained his composure. I began my charge towards the target , leaping into the air and landing. As I plunged the sword in to the chest of the oversized warthog. He bellowed with great anger as he swatted frantically at me, before one of his stray strokes threw me back into the side of the building.

I had begin to regain my stance, when suddenly, I felt a crushing pressure around my abdomen. As I was hoisted up into the air by the demon's enlarged hands, I was pulled to the demon's face, getting a scent of his horrid breath. "Now,now mortal, Its time for you to hope for you to meet your end" He said with a tone filled with anger. I felt the air begin to leave my body as I dropped my sword with my strength beginning to wane.

I was suddenly felt as the grasp loosened and looked to see the demon's face turn from a grin of malicious origin to a expression of pain and fear as he stared at his now separated hand fall to the ground. I then turned my vision from the face of the demon to the figure that stood on his arm or what was left of it.

The figure held a thick, long stainless black sword. "You" the demon called " You work for the boss ,as do I, why would you betray us and save this mortal-." But his speech was abruptly stopped as the figure leaped forward and swung his blade along the target's neck , hastening his end with the slash. I began to rise from the the now disintegrating hand. I looked up to see the figure, but he had disappeared, probably in the chaos of the target's limp body falling to the ground.

I then began to walk towards the entrance, only to remeber it was locked. With my last bit of strength I kicked the door open. With a loud clang, the doors fell of the frame. As I entered the orphanage. As I wandered inside I saw shackles that lay on the floor, bloodied and broken. I soon found the children hiding in the the upstairs altar room. "Come out kids, its all over now, everything will be fine." I called as calmly as I could. One child peeked from behind a old decrepit couch. "Are you sure the evil man is gone?" Called a small female voice. "Yes, now come so we can leave this place" I said reassuringly.

All the children scrambled from their respective spots and gathered around me. There were five total. They looked bruised and dirty, as if they had gone most of their lives without proper hygiene. "Let's go children" I said as I lead them back outside. Parked next to where I had parked my bike was a van, small enough to fit all of the children and myself as I walked up to it, there was an envelope. As I picked it up and opened, I saw a card inside and a small package. I picked up the card to see that it said

"For the Demon slayer"

On the cover and

"Your Welcome"

Inside

As I made a reminder to remember to thank this person. I picked up and I opened the package and emptied it into my hand to find keys, but not house keys, but car keys and the same needed for this van.

****
Thanks for the patientence on this chapter I will try to get my upload schedule on some sort of track :)